CIA admits to waterboarding

Dinner

Reading Rainbow
Dec 4, 2007
Scarborough, Ontario
Wii Online Code
2878-9257-8140-1234
After all the dancing around of 'we won't say if waterboarding is torture', the CIA director Michael Hayden admitted they have used waterboarding on 3 people.

I particularly love the timing, on Super Tuesday, when no one will notice. Gotta admit, no one is paying attention to it.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The CIA director on Tuesday publicly named for the first time the three suspected al Qaeda detainees who were subjected to the harsh interrogation technique of waterboarding.

"It was used on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. It was used on Abu Zubayda, and it was used on [Abd al-Rahim] al-Nashiri," CIA Director Michael Hayden told a Senate hearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/05/terror.threat/index.html?iref=newssearch

I still don't understand how waterboarding works. I know it's supposed to simulate drowning, but how do they do it?
EDIT: Never mind, I read the article.

Last edited:
So they poured water on 3 people's faces?

Oh no!

You mean they did force them to learn to surf?

gasp.

Definition please.

LevesqueIsKing said:
You mean they did force them to learn to surf?

gasp.

Definition please.
It says on the site:
Waterboarding involves strapping a person to a surface, covering his face with cloth and pouring water on the face to imitate the sensation of drowning. Critics have called it torture.

Ah, I've heard about that. Although, its kind of hard to relate without experience.

Without being officially announced I'm pretty sure its been common knowledge that it is a torture technique used by the CIA for a long time now. I remember John Stewart making fun of the CIA at some press conference for denying it months ago.

Aye its hard to know how it is without experience, but you'd be stupid to think it wasn't harsh if they use it to interrogate someone. It has to be bad if people will spill secrets in order to save themselves from having to endure more.

Back