Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Circuit city will have wiis this sunday march 8 2008???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by lalerimo, Mar 7, 2008.

1. lalerimo

lalerimo WiiChat Member

Hi well im from bradenton and i have been waiting for a wii almost 1 year and a half and still i have no luck. I saw from a website that the circuit city's weekly ad has a wii on it which means that they will have it. But im not sure if thats true and need someone to reafirm this.If you know for sure please tell me. Also if you know where else i can find it in my area can you tell me>>

2. ChristmasWii

ChristmasWii WiiChat Member

Eh, probably. It will be your best luck to get it, as most people will be inside watching Wii Owners play Brawl. :lol: :wtf: :yesnod:

3. wii_fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 4296-8829-9917-7024
    4296-8829-9917-7024
    You know sunday is the 9th not the 8th

4. goober_nut

goober_nut WiiChat Member

Better be there by 6AM. SSBB is coming out and some people will probably want to get it and a Wii.

5. blueheel

blueheel WiiChat Member

I had the unfortunate gift of a Circuit City giftcard for Christmas. Nice that it had $260 on it, unfortunate that it narrowed my options of stores to one. I went on a very cold morning to the store in Asheville a couple of months ago because one of the employees told me what you found out and I saw the ad. It's true and false. It's true that some CC stores will have it, but it's a large regional ad that's not store specific according to the manager I talked to. For instance they had 20 or so in Atlanta the same morning but none at the Asheville store. So I was pissed off and out of luck that day. But I saw the ad three weeks later, and decided what the heck and was first in line (got there 20 minutes early on Sunday) and they had 13 of them. Basically, what I'm telling you is that it's pot luck. You'll know that some stores will have them on that morning but it may not be yours. It's worth trying though because your odds are close to zero to magically find it during the week. I'm posting this because I wanted to save you the frustration I felt. Hang in there.

#5 blueheel, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  6. C1audio

C1audio Corruptied Wii Member

Wii Friend Code: 2975-1046-6635-6662
    2975-1046-6635-6662
    Where i live at, i got the fliers last night, and bestbuys are getting Wii's Sunday March 9th (tomorrow) there has been drought for Wii's in my area since January. Guess some people are gonna get lucky :lol:

7. logitech64

logitech64 WiiChat Member

sunday is the march 9 2008 and best buy is having wii on sunday add

8. DEAN616

DEAN616 Account On Hold

9. Fox

Fox Super M╬┐derator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 2625-5585-1810-7837
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I've noticed quite a few new accounts in this thread...
    Mod, please investigate.

10. heymoe99

heymoe99 WiiChat Member

really?? doubt it's necissary..

anyway...
    bestbuy's add today says they'll have some too. but since it's 1pm already (i woke up 30 min ago) they're prob gone..

side note:
    toys r us has some also. you also get 50% off of 1 of 7 titles when you buy SSBB

#10 heymoe99, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  11. ChristmasWii

ChristmasWii WiiChat Member

It's weird to think people are JUST getting Wiis, when mine is going on two years old. I can't believe the demand is so high.

12. blooz

blooz WiiChat Member

Got my Wii!

Just got mine on Sunday. After going to Best Buy at midnight for the big "SSBB" event, and being told there would be a bunch of wii's for sale, there was about 30 people in line and only 6 wii's. No luck there.

I went to Toy's R Us before open Sunday morning and there were another 35-40 people in line. This time I was lucky and did get one. (Along with about another $150 in games and accessories)

Anyhow, I now have a Wii and a 360. The Wii is a totally different experience from anything I've ever played. I think it will be a keeper! :yesnod:

On a funny side note: The Xbox 360 display at Toys R Us had the Red Ring of Death going on...