Civ: revolution canceled

cyberzomby

OH NOES! A PICTURE
May 9, 2007
Netherlands
Wii Online Code
4855-3513-2198-8739
The word is out. Its finaly canceled now. If the ps3/xbox/ds versions play well A wii version will be more likely.

Couldnt find the other topic about it so sorry for the kinda double post.

Im really bummed out.... I dont get it as well. Why do they try to put in the ds? They need to throw out an entirely different game. While the Wii is more or less similar to the ps3 and xbox.

And where can an RTS work better than on the wii with its mouse like pointer.

Not surprised. The Wii will always be like the ugly dude who stands against the wall during school dances bobbing his head to himself. The Wii will always be relegated to that dance room wall, while the 360 and PS3 get all of the action.

The DS is getting a game, because it's a different market--the handheld market. Microprose (or whoever has the rights to the Civ series now) isn't willing to risk the game flopping, which is probably a very smart move for them.

This is just a pattern of what's to come, get used to it. With every multiplatform game, the Wii's version will be shoved to the back and just be ported from the PS2 version, if it ever comes out at all.

Oh well. This was probably among my most anticipated games, but I'm not surprised and I don't care as I'm used to this by now. Aren't you guys?

Yea we kinda have to indeed. But it still sucks! I was looking forward to what they wanted to do with this game

What?

Source please. Last I heard is that the wii version was postponed to work on DS + 360 a little more.

Yup and now its canceled

Read it on a dutch website wich quoted some lines from an official spokesman. They didnt source it. Altough I think if you do some googleing you might find the news

Not that big of a deal, PC strategy games always suck on consoles. Not to mention I got my 2 years worth of CivIV play time in a while ago, so no big loss for me (unless the PS360 development costs force EA to buy a sinking Firaxis).

Back