Civilization Revolution Stalled on Wii

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
January 28, 2008 - Many months ago publisher 2K Games and developer Firaxis jointly announced that a Wii build of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution was underway alongside Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS incarnations. However, 2K Games confirmed to IGN Wii today that the Wii iteration of the real-time strategy game has been put on indefinite hold.

"Development for the Wii version of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution is currently on hold," a spokesperson for 2K Games said. "We are focusing our attention on creating the best possible Civilization experience for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS platforms."

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution offers players a chance to experience the epic empire-building world of Civilization in an all new accessible, visually immersive, and action-packed world specifically designed for the console and handheld gamer. There are 16 civilizations to master and lead to victory, with an array of famous historical leaders to play as or compete against, and accessible maps and streamlined time scale for quicker games, intense combat, and constant action.

In happier news, the DS build of the game is still very much underway. In fact, IGN readers can check out our exclusive interview with the developer and first DS screenshots on our DS-loving sister site right now.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848144p1.html

well that is upsetting...

though i do have ds and will have ps3(waiting for MGS4), so it isn't horrible news... however upsetting non-the-less.

screw civ...where's our age of empires: wii edition?

lol AOE would be pretty cool. Though it's kind of disappointing to hear that their putting the 360, PS3, and the DS in front of the Wii

'We are focusing our attention on creating the best possible Civilization experience for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS platforms."

so says the article

so in other words

"ya, we dont care about the wii"

i was really looking forward to this game, such a shame

aww man..
(capcom whispers into my ear)
"Wii still gets monster Hunter 3 exclusive!"

(I jump for joy)
civilization what? ahh most not have been important

zapasant93 said:
'We are focusing our attention on creating the best possible Civilization experience for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS platforms."

so says the article

so in other words

"ya, we dont care about the wii"

i was really looking forward to this game, such a shame

I'm pretty pissed. Easily my most anticipated (confirmed) Wii game this year. I was pretty patient about it coming 6+ months later than the big 3, but this ticks me off.

Last year I was thinking a lot about selling my Wii and getting a DS. Civ Rev, Super Dodgeball, MPH, COD4, etc. If it weren't for MOHH2... I love the Wii console, but the platform's 3rd party relations is really dragging out those growing pains. We're going to be in friggin' year 3 before it's on the mend.

An IGN user set up a poll to display disatisfaction with the decision. If you cared about the game, visit their forums to tell them so (if you don't tell them, they won't know you cared): Tell firaxis you care

Last edited:
Sucks! What better platform to create the best experience is there? I mean we got almost got sort of a mouse pointer going on! For the other consoles they need to come up with a way to use those 2 joysticks!

jjrules352 said:
they said they were going to release the wii version at the end of the year anyway, i can be patient.

No, they said it was shelved indefinitely so they could make great versions for 360, PS3 and DS.

I had no idea this was even coming... but dam...

theres only one thing to do now... musical montage!

*another one bites the dust*

what the frick man? what would be wrong with the wii version? its same thing that happened with cod4 being on ds.

This makes me so hopeless. I'm a huge fan of strategy games (especially multiplayer online) and Wii already has very very few of those kind of games. I was really looking forward to this game being released. Makes me wanna switch to an Xbox to satisfy my strategy and RPG cravings.

westearth said:
This makes me so hopeless. I'm a huge fan of strategy games (especially multiplayer online) and Wii already has very very few of those kind of games. I was really looking forward to this game being released. Makes me wanna switch to an Xbox to satisfy my strategy and RPG cravings.

fear not buddy, other games like this are coming such as......umm.....uhhh....a little help here nintendo.

jokes aside, spore is hopefully coming to wii. as is worms: a space oddity.

Back