Class action lawsuit against Nintendo

McDave

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Green Welling [classcounsel.com]

Kotaku report [Kotaku.com]

Slashdot article [Slashdot.org]

I can't believe the idiocy of some people. Geniunely. The wording in the suit ("Owners of the Nintendo Wii reported that when they used the Nintendo remote and wrist strap, as instructed by the material that accompanied the Wii console, the wrist strap broke and caused the remote to leave the user’s hand.") indicates that somehow whilst holding the remote firmly, the strap snaps of its own accord, thus causing the owners hand to suddenly lose all its strength and fling the remote across the room.

I for one have sent an email to Green Welling indicating my disgust at this lawsuit, I would hope others would as well.

McDave I for one have sent an email to Green Welling indicating my disgust at this lawsuit said:
I just did..... hehehe I told them a lot of things......
Here is the link http://www.classcounsel.com/contact.html

Come one...... Tell them what you think!!!!!!

"If they think they can sue a company for this, they must be crazy. I believe Nintendo has quite good explained everything about using the Wiiremote in their manual" So I think they will be alright

Please be professional in comments sent to the lawfirm. It will help to prove our points and hold our ground.

I basically said that the wrist straps function properly when used according to instructions. The wrist straps are meant to protect the Wii remote from being dropped -- not held. Anyone who holds onto the Wii remote will not throw it.

I also mentioned Nintendo's voluntary product replacement program:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp

I should've pasted, but I pretty much said that I as a future lawyer am appalled. Cases like these are what create bad stereotypes for the rest of us, and that the clients are completely at fault here.

SuperH said:
Please be professional in comments sent to the lawfirm. It will help to prove our points and hold our ground.

I basically said that the wrist straps function properly when used according to instructions. The wrist straps are meant to protect the Wii remote from being dropped -- not held. Anyone who holds onto the Wii remote will not throw it.

I also mentioned Nintendo's voluntary product replacement program:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp

It doesn´t matter if you explain it or not. Thos Lawfirm only see the % they can get from the lawsuit..... They are always the same. If they smell money, they will represent you. If they don´t, they don´t talk to you.....

Exactly. Thankfully I'm going into corporate law, I couldn't deal with being like these Green Wellings people. They really are scumbags.

Unfortunately this is just why the rest of the world laughs at the US. I know that around here (UK) the general opinion is that nowadays the American dream doesn't involve hard work or pioneering, rather suing somebody's ass off and get rich.

Here is how this began.
Kid DOES NOT follow instructions with Wii, and does not wear the wrist strap. Kid plays Wii sports, and stupidly chucks the Wiimote at $5,999 plasma screen tv. Wiimote breaks tv, kid panics. Kid intentionally breaks strap, and then breaks news of this unfortunate "accident" to his rich suburbanite mom or dad. Mom or Dad figure Wii is defective, contact lawyer friend for options. You know the rest.

I say we take down the lawyers website. Hard.

McDave said:
Green Welling [classcounsel.com]

Kotaku report [Kotaku.com]

Slashdot article [Slashdot.org]

I can't believe the idiocy of some people. Geniunely. The wording in the suit ("Owners of the Nintendo Wii reported that when they used the Nintendo remote and wrist strap, as instructed by the material that accompanied the Wii console, the wrist strap broke and caused the remote to leave the user’s hand.") indicates that somehow whilst holding the remote firmly, the strap snaps of its own accord, thus causing the owners hand to suddenly lose all its strength and fling the remote across the room.

I for one have sent an email to Green Welling indicating my disgust at this lawsuit, I would hope others would as well.
lmao

Back