Classic Controller for New Games

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Okay, the DBZ game and SSBB they say you can plug or will plug in a GC controller to play, now if the classic controller is for old games, WHY ON EARTH WOULD THERE BE 2 JOYSTICKS!? I have 2 theroies.

A. Expanding the gameplay for "Everyone" even lazy people! Lazy people who would rather click buttons can play certin games that use the Classic Conrollers!

B. Some games like SSBB will use the controller, like games that the wiimote just dosent feel right with. (This is the more smarter one)

The reason it has two joysticks is becuz of n64 games and for the sega genesis and turbo grafx games that are gonna be on the virtual console. Nintendo never said that they'll use the classic controller for games like ssbb that don't really feel right with the wiimote, they said they'll use the gc controller. the classic controller is for games on the virtual console only. That is why they call it the classic controller because it looks like the old snes controller.
A. Expanding the gameplay for "Everyone" even lazy people! Lazy people who would rather click buttons can play certin games that use the Classic Conrollers!
The games that utilize the wiimote will not be able to also utilize the classic controller. Like I said before the classic controller is only for games on the virtual console. Its really hard to create 2 diffrent controller configurations into a game meant for a specific console. Why do you think nintendo has a gamecube version and a wiiversion of Twilight Princess, cuz it has two diffrent controller configurations n it will be hard to put both the configurations into th e wiiversion.

Supermariomp3 said:
The reason it has two joysticks is becuz of n64 games and for the sega genesis and turbo grafx games that are gonna be on the virtual console. Nintendo never said that they'll use the classic controller for games like ssbb that don't really feel right with the wiimote, they said they'll use the gc controller. the classic controller is for games on the virtual console only. That is why they call it the classic controller because it looks like the old snes controller.

The games that utilize the wiimote will not be able to also utilize the classic controller. Like I said before the classic controller is only for games on the virtual console. Its really hard to create 2 diffrent controller configurations into a game meant for a specific console. Why do you think nintendo has a gamecube version and a wiiversion of Twilight Princess, cuz it has two diffrent controller configurations n it will be hard to put both the configurations into th e wiiversion.

I agree with all your points but the "the classic controller is for games on the virtual console only".

Do you really think Nintendo will tell people to buy SSBB, then say "oh yeah, you need to use a Gamecube controller instead of our Wii controller and Wii-mote", making people spend an extra $20 to simply play the game? This will also confuse people who never even owned a game console.

but the classic controller is not going to come with the wii so either way you still have to buy a controller.
Maybe a controller might be bundled with SSBB

But the Wii classic controller goes with the Wii.
It just makes sense to use it, and the D pad works pretty good with SSBB.

meh....mario....I didnt say that they confirmed that but it makes sense...WHY WOULD THEY NEED 2 ANALOG? And that: Configure it for 2 controllers...they would have to configure it for the GC DEE DE DEE
and you dont knot that the classic controller wont come with the wii, it should, if you can get the VC games out of the box, you should be able to play them out of the box

So like nothing you said even made sense.

ok, i don't really care if you're right or I'm right, we'll see when the Wii comes out. My knowlege is just based on stuff nintendo said, and rumors.

Yes the point is why would there be 2 joysticks!? There has to be games that uses it, why wouold they chooes GC over a Wii classic controller?

The 2 analog sticks are prolly for the nintendo 64 and others that have the C buttons/Stick such as zelda OoT if you can get that in Virtual Console then you need to be able to use C Stick/Buttons or you basicly can't play Zelda

theres a C button next to the right shoulder button I believe, i think it looks like the PSP's analog, it fits really nice in.

Back