Classic Metroid Games, worth to buy?

Actually I think on Gamespeedruns a guy gets 34 mins on Super Metriod. My best time was barely under an hour. It's 3-4 hours easily for the first time through. A great game with tremendous replay value. Dan Owsen does the voice of Samus in the intro. Don't ask why...

I love the old Metroid games that I've played. The first Metroid was a very early Nintendo game so don't expect many frills. But it is still a great game experience and one that I've replayed the most if only because the entire map of the game is still burnt into my brain from my younger years. I remember that being the first game that I mapped out on graph paper because there was no in-game map! The gameplay and control is just awesome.

The SNES Super Metroid though is really a trip. It's a definite download safe bet for anyone who loves Metroid. The graphics and animation are great on the SNES and the gameplay was still as tight as the first one just with bigger and better sprites. I can't imagine beating the game in 3-4 hours much less 34minutes. It's length of play I guess is all dependant on how well you explore and whether or not you wind up dying a lot. If that game came out on VC tomorrow I'd have it downloaded the moment it was available.

Im guessing that both of these games will come out around the same time Corruption will. Makes sense, doesnt it? Because everyone will be on a metroid high so they will all want to play as much metroid as possible and that will boost sales. However, they will probably be released after corruption, because Im sure ninty would much rather us buy Corruption for $50 than Metroid for $5. Not that many people would do that, anyway, its just common sense.

Anyone agree?

I've learned one thing about VC- don't try to predict anything about it.
You expect good games... you get 3 Turbografx-16 games you've never heard of. You finally give up hope, they release something good. You try to ignore it completely, you see a news item that your favorite game has been rated by the ESRB. It'd be common sense, yeah, but that's not how they've worked so far.
Super Metroid and TMNT IV are the 2 games I wanna see most and part of the reason is I never actually OWNED either game. I just rented them both for looooooooooooooooooooooong periods of time. I could easily open an emulator but it's really not the same feeling. VC really does give me the next-best feeling and makes it a little better even cuz I don't have to get off my couch to turn the system on/off or switch games lol

By the way... I'd say if you're anxious to play them, just pick up Zero Mission for GBA used somewhere. I'm sure you can get it around $20 easily a lot of places. And I checked after I posted, once you beat the game once it unlocks the original NES game anyway.

If you own Metroid Prime, you can unlock the original nes game.

Back