Classic vs GameCube controller (must read)

gzusnw

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2006
Mexico
Wii Online Code
8631-7650-3694-5161
SO finally here is a report from Infendo ...
(Maybe you were praying GC controller for VC or Classic controller for GameCube, here is the answer!)
classic_controller_useless.gif

HAVE A NICE DAY!

NOTE: Don't get confused with the GC controller working with Wii, it is marked there because games like SSBB will use the GC/VC controller instead of ur loved remote/nunchuk

This is cool, means people can get by with only one classic controller and when you have your friends over for some multiplay you can plug in you Wavebirds and use them for VC games.

I was a bit dissapointed that If I'd need to use my GC controllers I'd need to have them sticking out the top of the Wii making it look ugly, but now can just buy one classic controller and use it for casual VC gaming via the wiimote.

whoa, this is big news! This will save me another $20! I have 3 GC controllers, and I thought I'd have to buy a classic controller.

well seeing how I got rid of the gamecube and controllers weeks ago this kinda sucks for me... Now I have to go get more GC controllers at least I kept the games lol and cards... Ah well not like they are that hard to find...

Why wouldn't the classic controller work on Gamecube games? That makes aboslutely no sence at all. The Classic Controller has X, Y, and C buttons, and only the gamecube has those.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i dont have to get a retro controller whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The gc con will be no good for most retro games
N64 yes with most
snes no layouts wrong
nes easy
Mega drive/gen Way wrong some games need six buttons on the face of the controller
PC engine see nes

Wavebirds?

Erm... will the wavebirds physically be able to connect to the Wii? If i remember rightly, the wavebird reciever was concave where it plugged into the gamecube because of the 'cube curved fascia... and the reciever itself may be too big to fit in the recess on the Wii for gamecube controllers...
Just a thought

Themadnun said:
Erm... will the wavebirds physically be able to connect to the Wii? If i remember rightly, the wavebird reciever was concave where it plugged into the gamecube because of the 'cube curved fascia... and the reciever itself may be too big to fit in the recess on the Wii for gamecube controllers...
Just a thought

nope if you look on the ign article where they show you the debug wii they show u the wavebird recievers fit snuggly into the wii gamecube ports:yesnod:

Ah good, i'd hate to have to dig out those old controller extesion cables and have wires littering the room once again:smilewinkgrin:

YAYAYYAY. Now I won't have to buy a classic controller for a while cause I still have my gamecube ones!!! Gzusnw THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION!

Great info, good thing I have 2 GC controllers :) I may have to pick up a classic controller though just since its wireless :)

Jenova said:
Why wouldn't the classic controller work on Gamecube games? That makes aboslutely no sence at all. The Classic Controller has X, Y, and C buttons, and only the gamecube has those.

Maybe it will. There was no source to this thread so it may just be something someone made up.

Back