clicking noise...etc

fishfam

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2007
We have had our wii for a couple of months and we bought the new Sonic game, brought it home and tried to play it and the wii started cliking really loud and wouldn't play the game and said there was an error. So..we tried a few more time and ended up taking the game back to the store and exchanging it for a new one. The new game did the same thing. No other game we have does this.

Anyone know what this could be??

Call Nintendo. Now. :p I don't think anyone here will know what your problem is. Unless you are putting the disc in the wrong way..

Every Wii makes a clicking noise, it's normal. But nothing super loud or damaging, or erroneous.

maybe theres something wrong with your Wii's interface programs that are irritated when they try to read that specific disc's data. (Hope i've used the right jargon so it makes sense). Because with my xbox360...it runs fine on EVERYTHING I'VE EVER PUT IN THERE except a demo of some racing game. The disc comes with several other demos and featurettes, and they all run fine except that one specific demo. It'll run for a while and then freeze up, never in the same place twice though.

So maybe it's the data your Wii is reacting to. But above all else call Nintendo and get their expertice.

my old ps2 used to make that same noise, turned out the laser that read the discs couldnt move or read the discs. maybe your wii is having the same problem? i hope its not

Back