Clone Hatred

raynimator

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
Ok, ok now dont crucify me if this has been done before. The search function gave me no significant results so im goin out there and making this thread. Why so much hate for clones? I know clones wont be a part of the game but every time its mentioned people get so enraged by the prospect that they say stupid things like "this will ruin the game for me" or other things to that aspect.

Personally I feel a mindset like that is foolish. The game will be what it is no matter what. The CORE functionaliy of the game will still be fully in tact so the enjoyable gameplay wont be changed what so ever. I find myself needing to quote...myself from one of the few posts ive made here

"I dont mind the clones. Never did. If thats what it took to squeeze in that extra character then so be it. Its all about the flavor to suit your mood. Take for instance, I never liked Cpt. Falcon. Nothing against his moveset, I just didnt like the char. But I played the hell out of Gannondorf. They know what chars they want, They know how many spaces they wanna fill so does it really hurt that badly if they give a moveset a different paintjob? Someone out there will probably appreciate it. Otherwise it might just be a space they could have filled but didnt have the time."

I dont think I could have put it any better then the flavor to suit your mood line. To further give examples my homeboy liked Roy, I never used Roy. I didnt dig his look. But I enjoyed Marth. Now though they were similar when we used them against each other it became epic. What im drawing at here is what is your legitimate beef against clone chars? I fully stand behind that concept, If you dont like him dont use him but why ruin it for someone else.

Because it makes me think of the really bad Clone Wars Dialog.

Oh, George Lucas! Why must you torture us so!?

(Hahahaha, sorry, It's late and I'm feeling ridiculous :smilewinkgrin: )

Clones are for lazy designers, that's why. If they couldnt take the time to come up with something original, then how can we be sure they wont half-ass everything else?

Clones are horrible. This game won't just double the characters but quadruple them because in the last game half the characters were clones. So now instead of have 25 characters, half clones, we may see 40 characters all original. Clones are just characters with extensive visual modding. It's weak.

I don't think that they are necessarily a bad thing, but if they just use them as a half ass excuse for unique characters then I don't like them. Might as well just make them as an alternate costume though, which I think that is what they are doing with some.

It was simply a disappointment. People were expecting that many original characters, without any clones. If we were given the number of original characters that we expected, with clones on top of that, I doubt many people would have a problem with them. Personally, I think it is a great idea because it widens the number of playable characters while minimizing the amount of work (technically, I'd prefer costumes in that sense). However, they should never be used in replacement of an original character, which is the basis of their hatred.

omg....eye h8 teh fricken clones in melee....its so gay...i mean seriously its like a mortal kombat only everyone has the same moves....o_O....or Soul caliber or...yea....They just need to get rid of the clones cause its just gay

i dont think its just that they were clones...its that even the clones kinda sucked. ganondorf was the only good clone. talking about clones when it comes to roy and marth is like arguing what came first the chicken or the egg and the rest of the clones were just completely unoriginal.

i love clones! seriously they don't take much time for sakurai so they don't take any roster spots, and if they do it's like 5 clones for 1 original character. people are saying " i want falco back" and i agree with him, he is way different than fox...

AND you don't know that clones will not be in brawl

sakurai said "not all characters from melee are going to return to brawl" and everyone took that as if he was removing the clones....than that logic moved to there won't be ANY clones in brawl

i personally think there will be clones and am looking forward to it. If there isn't though....i'll live

..i guess

one thing i like about clones is that usually the clones added are already known chars. what i dont like about ssbb is that theyre bringing in all these new (i know im gonna hear it for calling them this) nobodies. ike, pit, snake and lucas should all go back to where ever they came from... about lucas = ness i guess id rather ness from a standpoint that he was in the other 2 games otherwise i dont really give a.....

i dont realy hate clones but the first time i played melee i unlocked a person and its a complete clone i mean why even try to unlock it if its a clone

and im like wtf then when i unlocked all the characters there were only like 3 charcters that werent clones that i unlocked

i just dont want to waste my time for a clone

it would be better if they were a costume :yesnod:

bw! said:
i dont realy hate clones but the first time i played melee i unlocked a person and its a complete clone i mean why even try to unlock it if its a clone

and im like wtf then when i unlocked all the characters there were only like 3 charcters that werent clones that i unlocked

i just dont want to waste my time for a clone

it would be better if they were a costume :yesnod:

i love wasting my time to unlock stuff, the more unlockables the better, that's probably my favourite aspect of ssbm....

and that's bull, everyone's first character unlocked is jigglypuff

mushroomedmario said:
i love wasting my time to unlock stuff, the more unlockables the better, that's probably my favourite aspect of ssbm....

and that's bull, everyone's first character unlocked is jigglypuff

i like unlocking stuff but not something i already got

Back