Cloverfield 2? (Spoilers)

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
After Cloverfield's, erm, monstrous opening weekend in the states ($40m to date), you can bet the bean-counters at Paramount are already thinking about sequels.

And it seems that the film's director Matt Reeves is up for the idea, if his comments in an interview with the good people at comingsoon.net are anything to go by.

Here's what he said: (SPOILERS AHEAD) "This was so fun 'cause we'd never done anything like it, and I think we'd want to find a similar challenge, to find a way to have its roots in this but be fresh and new, otherwise you're just repeating yourself."

"There's a moment on the Brooklyn Bridge, and there was a guy filming something on the side of the bridge, and Hud sees him filming and he turns over and he sees the ship that's been capsized and sees the headless Statue of Liberty, and then he turns back and this guy's briefly filming him." "In my mind that was two movies intersecting for a brief moment, and I thought there was something interesting in the idea that this incident happened and there are so many different points of view, and there are several different movies at least happening that evening and we just saw one piece of another."

"That idea sort of tickled me. We'll have to see if anyone would want a sequel. If the movie does well and we find a compelling reason to do so then it would be fun to do a sequel."

"Did you see the thing in the last shot? In the final shot there's a little something, and I don't wanna say what it is. The final shot before the titles. The stuff at Coney Island, there's a little something there and I don't want to give it away 'cause the fun is sort of to find it, but I will say this: there's a funny thing, you look at the shot and until you see it you don't see it and you really don't see it and obviously you don't 'cause none of you have seen it, but once you see it you'll never stop seeing it."

So another film following the same event from a different point of view? Interesting or just repetitive? And for those who've seen the film, what was "the thing in the final shot"? Your views please!

Seems pretty interesting, I would actually love to see a part 2.
Source:http://movies.ign.com/articles/846/846669p1.html

I agree, A second perspective would be great for this movie. Although I hope the next group of young adventurers remember to bring their tripod with them. I like the handycam work actually, but alot of people seem to think it was a bit much.

With the soundbite at the end, they have def set it up for a sequel. Btw, this movie rocks, go see it if you havent!

God I hope they make a Cloverfield 2.
That would be ****ing great.
Especially since the sound bite at the end totally says there will be.

Back