Cloverfield

The L.S

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
Indiana
I saw the trailer for it last night, thought it looked kinda interesting... anyone else curious about this?

Its obviously a monster movie, so it could just be another 'B' movie, but it seems they are taking it seriously and having a decent marketing campaign on it.

Its a like the Godzila film however its told form the view of a video camera which puts right in the action compared to other films which often seem distant.

Gah, don't get me started on this film. It's got more conspiracy than a Lepracorn killing people in space.

I know that they have done an amazing job on sealing up the plot. I do wanna see it bad tho. Its very unique how is supposed to be filmed from this guys point of view. And I think everyone is soooo curious what this monster is and whats its doing in NYC.

YES! i have been in to this movie for a long time..... i watched the trailer when it was unnamed, and did a little research on it. i watched a video (cant find it... realy sorry) and it was obviously the guys b-day party, and the ppl were asking about some guy who always wears a "slusho" shirt. i looked up slusho on google and look what i found : http://www.slusho.jp/

creepy if you ask me. but the site is completely fake.. read the history and look around on the site.... kinda gives clues to the movie i think..

Dbomb3 said:
YES! i have been in to this movie for a long time..... i watched the trailer when it was unnamed, and did a little research on it. i watched a video (cant find it... realy sorry) and it was obviously the guys b-day party, and the ppl were asking about some guy who always wears a "slusho" shirt. i looked up slusho on google and look what i found : http://www.slusho.jp/

creepy if you ask me. but the site is completely fake.. read the history and look around on the site.... kinda gives clues to the movie i think..
wow some detective

haha
instead of "oooh nooo! ees gozillaa!!"
it will be "yo mutha f**ka get out da way!!"

Struck me as a Godzilla remake, though hard to say for sure. I think it's somewhat likely due to perhaps a fear of public backlash considering the last American attempt at it.

I saw this trailer before I AM LEGEND, a great movie by the way, and it's wierd because I thought of Godzilla immediatly as well! And so did my friends, my sister, my aunt and everyone I know. That's strange. But I don't think it has anything to do with Godzilla. Remember when that lady is getting like chainsawed behind that curtain. That was creepy. I started thinking War of the Worlds or something. But yeah this movie looks good. Directed by the same guy who made LOST. So you know he's gonna make everything a mystery till the very end. I can't wait for it to come out.

Here is my thread that contains a lot of solid info about the movie

(Although no one would post in it..)

The monster most definitely isn't Godzilla. I think it'll be something that's completely unexpected.

Interesting stuff nic7...

Well, no matter how they present the creature, some people wont be impressed. This has to be a behemoth that oozes with ownage... Thats a tough bill to fill.
Like the mutants in I am Legend- pretty much everyone agrees that they looked too fake, which destroyed their presence.

Considering that, I've heard they won't really even give you a good look at this thing. Since this movie seems to be about the people mostly, it might not hurt anything.

Back