CoD Reflex unable to connect to servers.

GrannyBike

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2010
Hi could someone please help me with this problem been at it for two days straight now:

Cannot get CoD Reflex to work through Nintendo Wi-fi channel.

Tried all these methods:
1. My two friends works every time.
2. My router doesn't work at my friends, sometimes it does.
3. His router doesn't work at my house, sometimes it does.
4. Tried both CDs.
5. Tried changing Wi-fi channels from 01-13
6. Tried all node modes including 270 Mbps
7. Tried manually setting the wireless IP addresses.
8. Opened ports on the firewall.
9. Disabled firewall.
10. Tried friends ISP usernames at my house, sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

I'm so stumped because one thing makes it work, then it doesn't. Then another thing makes it work, then it doesn't. I can't find out what it is causing it! It's not the CoD servers because they work every time for my friends. Also I appear as online to there Wiis even though I can't login into the Nintendo Wi-fi.

Router is a Netgear DGN2000. Wii is in opposite bedroom. Computer and laptops work fine. Mario Kart works fine online.

enable DMZ and put your Wii on it. Try that and see if it works. Make sure to give your Wii a static IP address.

Tried that too but doesn't work? Rang my ISP and they told me to forward ports for CoD and set my Wii as static IP. Tried that and it seems to work but still says unable to connect. I gotta keep trying then it eventually gets in.

Unable to connect to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare servers. Please try again later.

Last edited:
Check to see if your static IP address is similar to the following setup.

IP: 192.168.xxx.xxx (depending on your router setup)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
DNS: primary 208.67.222.222 & secondary 208.67.220.220 (use OpenDNS as they are faster then most ISP)
MTU: Set to "0" as that will set the Wii to Auto
Gateway: Your Router IP address

On DMZ, put the Wii IP address on it. Make sure that it is enable.

By setting this on your Wii it should also provide a faster internet connection.

Thanks man! Worked woooohoo I have to try it 3-4 times but then it works. Before it wouldn't work EVER.

Back