CoD VS Red Steel & Monkey VS Rayman

morg.ferge

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2006
Thornhill, Toronto, Ontario
I know I've seen some threads about Monkey VS Rayman, but I haven't really seen any CoD VS Red Steel threads.

Anyway, I just recently got my Wii, as well as Zelda. Zelda's definitely keeping me occupied, so I'm holding off on any new games until Christmas (when I'll probably recieve some as gifts). So I beg the question: what games should I get? I've been reading through some reviews, and - while I realize reviews aren't always the best judgement of a game - they're all I can go off of right now, seeing as my local Blockbuster is totally out of Wii rentals.

I want a first-person shooter, if only to experience what the Wii can do with it. Like everyone else, I've read the bad reviews of Red Steel, but I've also read people's opinions on how the game gets better after getting used to the controls. I haven't read many reviews on Call of Duty 3, but I hear it's pretty good too, from people on this site. I was a big Goldeneye fan, if that means anything. I'm leaning towards Red Steel, as I'm still really interested in it (and I love the Japan setting), but I'm also constantly second-guessing myself. Any thoughts on which you like better/which you think I would like better?

Next up are the mini-game games. I need a good multi-player game to play with friends. It's either Rayman or Monkey Ball. I've read that Monkey Ball is preferable, as it has an arcade mode AND mini-games, whereas Rayman just has mini-games. But I've also read user reviews on both games, saying that they suck/are awesome. OR should I wait until Warioware comes out, and get THAT? I'm a bit confused as to which to get.

Lastly, I'm real interested in Trauma Center: Second Opinion. Just looks plain cool. But I've read some mediocre reviews on it, as well as some great reviews on it. If not this, I might get Excite Truck or something else... Oh, and I'm definitely getting Mario Party 8. Very excited for that. :D

Opinions? <3

I haven't played any of the games you mentioned except Red Steel, but you need to know that the reviews for that game don't do it justice. It really is really cool and the controls are SIMPLE to get used to.

Honestly, if you can't control the game well, it's because of your own stupidity...not the game. It's a very cool game, with awesome controls.

Monkey Ball!!!

I read that there are a few Rayman games that are hard, but you eventually beat them pretty quickly, however for Monkey Ball it's supposely a pretty challenging game, and thats what you want right? a challenging game.

Take a look at Elebits, a lot of people are saying its a great game so far.

Red Steel has multiplayer. CoD3 doesn't.

CoD3 isn't very long, but it's still a great game, IMO. Controls aren't that bad on it, but you may wanna stick to Red Steel for the multiplayer if nothing else.

Yeah the Red Steel controls are just fine, I turned the sensitivity down to the LOW setting and the controls seem to work perfectly for me, sometimes i'll get an occasional jerk here and there, but otherwise if you keep it pointed at the screen it works just fine....I would say go with Red Steel because its at least 8 - 10 hours of game play and it also has multiplayer(offline).

so basically what your saying is, Most of the reviews you have read say that the game is good/crap. I said basically what you said in 1 sentence :D

COD3 is so buggy it lagged all the time for me and was unplayable at certain points in the game, i beat the game in 2 days and took it back cus it was faulty. Red Steel is longer, more fun, and different. imo red steel is the a brilliant game.

Monkey Ball is awful IMO.

The mini games are just..meh.

Controls are annoying on the menus, the bosses are retarded..

Get Rayman.

CoD3 is very buggy at parts but other wise good.

Silent-Sniper said:
Monkey Ball is awful IMO.

The mini games are just..meh.

Controls are annoying on the menus, the bosses are retarded..

Get Rayman.

CoD3 is very buggy at parts but other wise good.
do u have raymen?

Back