COD3 - Annoying "feature"?

Kryptonic

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Chesterfield - UK
Wii Online Code
4257-2056-8863-9303
Hey all!

Following your advice for a good FPS, i bought COD3 this weekend! At first i hated it so much (couldnt get used to how you move ect...) but after a couple hours it all came into place and im loving it now!!!

Anyway, for me personally, i like playing games in short bursts, play for about an hour and as soon as it auto saves, turn it off, for me, it keeps me interested in the game, that aside, everytime i load my save game on COD3 i have to watch the bloody campaign intro video everytime!!! :mad5:

Is there anyway to skip this? or am i forced to watch it?

Cheers

Will

yeah, even if ur in the middle of the campaign u'll still be forced to watch it but start where you left off.

jameswma said:
yeah, even if ur in the middle of the campaign u'll still be forced to watch it but start where you left off.

ahhh cool, just wanted to make sure i wasnt being thick!

still bloody annoying though!!! lol

hows the graphics on the game ? and is it fun ?

i cant trust screen shots because they always make the game look crap!

Yellow_Wii said:
hows the graphics on the game ? and is it fun ?

i cant trust screen shots because they always make the game look crap!

hey, well i read many mixed reviews on this, and like u said, u can never trust videos/pic on review sites.... well my honest opinion is this.... they are pretty freeking good! lol

obviously there not a patch on the 360, but if you cast your mind back to the xbox1's COD / Medal of Honour there about on par with that! (i have a 28 CRT - ive taken it to my friends and he has a 26" LCD HD and it looks even better!!) But its very very immersive cos ov the game play and you soon forget about the gfx! The sound is very good as well and it makes good use of the wiimote...

if this is the 1st generation of Wii FPS's then the next gen are going to rock so much!

Does that help?

I didn't like it. I felt like my squad was doing all the work and I had to compete to kill people. A decent port, but not worth my money. It is by far the best FPS on the Wii right now.

I bought COD3 on the strength of all the reviews and also the fact that it was in a similar vein to Redsteel; which I love.

After picking up the controls fairly quickly and playing into only the second level, granted, I don't really feel it's as enjoyable as RS, the graphics and sound are decent but for me it just doesn't have that enjoyable edge about it....although I will perservere with it and hope it gets better then all will be well but for the minute it's a mediocre fps only worth a 5.5....

you gotta remember that this is still a launch title so there is gonna be alot of negatives, but based on that and knowing its laying the groundwork for future FPS i think its done a fantastic job! :)

my opinion anyway lol

i just got my wii and personally CoD3 graphix are amazing! i also get annoyed how you cant save that one cutscene! its annoying! get this if u like Cod or ww2 games! worth it!

quadracer111 said:
i just got my wii and personally CoD3 graphix are amazing! i also get annoyed how you cant save that one cutscene! its annoying! get this if u like Cod or ww2 games! worth it!

its looks even better on comp. output mate!

i have red steel and farcry and ime about half way through both and farcry is sooo much funner and so much more immersive with the Predator thing and plus you can slash whenever you want

That first time where the nazi that rushes you where you have to fight him melee... That took me a long time to figure out cuz I was holding the remote sideways or something. I wanted to break the disc. Once I got past that and got used to the controls, I absolutely loved the game. The only reason I wouldn't buy it to own it is just the lack of replay value for me. I'm not into FPS games enough to want to play any of the game over and over. As soon as I beat the game, back in the mail it went. I'd give it a 7/10 though. Loved it.

Back