Cod5 Out For Wii, And Maybe Online!!

acershot

offical ssbb master
Jan 18, 2008
Ontario
Wii Online Code
0826-3639-6872-6792
said:
December 3, 2007 - Joining in on the chaos of today's Activision/Blizzard/Vivendi merger announcement, the company "Activision Blizzard" announced the continuation of both the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises; no big surprise. In a conference call held today Activision CEO Robert Kotick and Jean-Bernard Levy spoke on the continuation of the two franchises, and of course the potential for success banking off the sheer power of the World of Warcraft series as well. While the continuation of both franchises is of course great - and expected - news for the multi-console owner, questions already arise as to the specifics of the confirmation. In short, will we be seeing an actual Call of Duty 5 on Wii this time around, or is that one still up for debate?

Unfortunately, today's announcements seem to be crazy enough without IGN getting its grimy hands on new information, as Activision Blizzard was unable to comment, leaving us only their token PR response of "We can offer no further comment..." and the cheerful optimism that comes with the merger of gigantic, powerhouse companies. Call of Duty 5 is on the way, yes, but it sounds like that's about all we'll know for quite a while. The good news: These franchises aren't going anywhere. The bad news: The waiting game on more information has now begun.

As for what we know from both Call of Duty and its competitors, no publisher has committed their top franchise to Wii as of yet outside of Call of Duty 3 during the Wii's launch, as we saw no Call of Duty 4, had both Medal of Honor: Vanguard (Wii and PS2) rather than Airborne earlier this year, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 just a month or so back - a great game, but a spin-off series as far as the official MoH cannon goes - and almost nothing on the Band of Brothers side of things from Ubisoft aside from a few shots of an updated Road to Hill 30 Wii-make. Which FPS will step up and bring the primary SKU (or at least official multi-console effort) to Wii first? We'll just have to wait and see

YES EVERY1 the ultimate game has come back to wii. there also has been some rumors that it might have online play and might make there own mic, specificly for COD5

Last edited:
after playing cod4

cod5 is going back to world war 2 again
and for the wii ewwwwwww

sorry man its going ot be funny when theres more people online on cod4 after cod5 comes out

December 3, 2007

lolwut

Anyway, this has been discussed many times and most of us have agreed on that COD5 will suck hard compared to COD4. I'm almost certain that since it'll be on the Wii, it will have a Teen rating. Yipee. :rolleyes:

It doesn't really matter how COD5 compares to COD4. The fact that COD4 isn't on the wii and COD5 is will mean there will be a ton of people playing it on wii because they don't have many other choices. That fact aside, I don't really see anywhere in the article where it says for sure COD5 will be for wii. It seemed like it was just heavy speculation.

old news.

and yeah, i wouldn't get too worked up about it.

im on wii forums because i have a wii

plus i aint no fanboy i call it right down the middle

Skorp said:
It doesn't really matter how COD5 compares to COD4. The fact that COD4 isn't on the wii and COD5 is will mean there will be a ton of people playing it on wii because they don't have many other choices. That fact aside, I don't really see anywhere in the article where it says for sure COD5 will be for wii. It seemed like it was just heavy speculation.

Heavy speculation on the count of the fact that Treyarch will be working on it. Treyarch= COD3 makers= on the Wii.

And about it having online...I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Back