collector's edition games

Smurfette

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2007
I know of Zelda Collector's Edition, Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Mega Collection. I want to know if there are other Gamecube CDs that have a lot of older games in one disc instead of getting each one off of VC.

It's not quite what you were looking for,but, I saw this.. .. .. .. ..

Nintendo World Championships sells for over $21,000 !!
95.gif

thumbnintendogoldpriceyvo8.jpg

We saw one of these pop up on eBay with a $20,000 starting bid. Now we have another copy that was being sold in a set of 24 games. The starting bid…$24. The person selling this game had no idea what they were in store for. The final bid came in at $21,400. You would think the cartridge really was gold!

Source: GoNintendo

Were you the lucky eBay winner?!

Only 26 of these were made apparently and were given to winners and runners up of the Nintendo Championships in 1990.

There's a grey version of the cart out there too. It was used during the rounds of the Championships. Approx 1000 were made of the grey carts and these also go for a lot of cash. Not as much as the gold ones though! Crazy money!!
64.gif

it better be wroth it....i guess if you had that money you could buy anything you want............lucky.......

You could get every single VC game and it would be cheaper

Battles said:
it better be wroth it....i guess if you had that money you could buy anything you want............lucky.......

Except unreleased beta versions
Collectors of them wont part with them
Things like Blank label SNES games never know whats on it

There was something about it in last months retro gamer

Try Megaman X Collection, it has 6 or 7 SNES Megaman games on it. Also Megaman Anniversary Collection--I think this is a 10 game collection from NES. Great stuff!

Get those crappy little play n your TV things they have a lot of classics and are like the price of 3 SNES games

There are loads of collection games on the PS2

The sega ones the best

Half Empty said:
But what exactly are on those gold cartridges?

I actually made it into the semi-finals of that Nintendo World Championships. So if that gold cartridge is a copy of the games you played in the competition, it would consist of 3 games kinda merged into one.

You first had to complete the 1st lap of the 1st track in Rad Racer, then Collect 50 coins in Super Mario Bros., then get the highest score you could in Tetris before time ran out.

The trick was to crash over the finish line in rad racer so you could avoid the "celebration" after you crossed the finish line, then in mario bros run as fast as you could getting coins along the way till world 1-2 where you go down into that fisrt pipe and get the rest of your 50 from the coin room. doing that would give you the most ammount of time in tetris.

Although I didn't make it into the finals I still had an awesome time playing games all day for 3 days straight. Not only was there the competition, they also had a whole lvl of the parking garage of universal studios set up with demo kiosks of games to play. I still have a hat and some collectable pins somewhere that we won from answering nintendo trivia questions from Pauly Shore.

Crazy_Fool said:
I actually made it into the semi-finals of that Nintendo World Championships. So if that gold cartridge is a copy of the games you played in the competition, it would consist of 3 games kinda merged into one.

You first had to complete the 1st lap of the 1st track in Rad Racer, then Collect 50 coins in Super Mario Bros., then get the highest score you could in Tetris before time ran out.

The trick was to crash over the finish line in rad racer so you could avoid the "celebration" after you crossed the finish line, then in mario bros run as fast as you could getting coins along the way till world 1-2 where you go down into that fisrt pipe and get the rest of your 50 from the coin room. doing that would give you the most ammount of time in tetris.

Although I didn't make it into the finals I still had an awesome time playing games all day for 3 days straight. Not only was there the competition, they also had a whole lvl of the parking garage of universal studios set up with demo kiosks of games to play. I still have a hat and some collectable pins somewhere that we won from answering nintendo trivia questions from Pauly Shore.

Too bad I wasn't old enough to remember any of this stuff.

Back