College dorm wireless: error code: 52230

Zenjamin

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2008
Hello, Im new here.
I just got a Wii (finally)

I read the instruction manual and the wii online help FAQ on this forum.

When searching for a wireless access point, I was able to find my college wireless connection "fortlewis", It had a good connection and did not have a locked Icon on it.

I proceeded to the system test, unfortunately, that is where I get stuck. it gives me the error code: 52230, and im not sure what to do now.

I consulted the troubleshooting section of the manual, and it said it may be a problem with a firewall.
but i have no way to follow up on this as its not exactly "my" connection (even though im paying for it)

Any suggestions? anyone know somebody who had a similar problem?

Thank you for your time.

call the help desk of the college. they usually setup every computer that comes in the door. they would probably help the most.

the other option would be the wireless USB adapter that you plug into your PC

heymoe99 said:
call the help desk of the college. they usually setup every computer that comes in the door. they would probably help the most.

the other option would be the wireless USB adapter that you plug into your PC

Or the wired Nintendo LAN adapter. I've actually got one sitting around that I'd sell for cheap, if interested.

Odds are because of the way college wireless networks are setup it won't work.

mgbl3 said:
Odds are because of the way college wireless networks are setup it won't work.

You're probably right.... My son's doesn't allow students to use wireless routers and limits video game console use online.

Back