College network

penguinphil

custom user title
Dec 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
3599-7437-7191-4055
I'm at University of Maryland and I'm trying to connect my Wii to the Wifi connection.

I have 2 options:
option A: connect to the unsecure umd network
option B: connect to the secure-umd network

option A gets through the test and just starts to update my settings before I get the 32002 code

with option B I would need to put in the WPA2 key which I don't have because at my school you log into the network with your ID and password

the IT dept won't be back until jan 2, but i want to connect now to update stuff and get online

any ideas what I could do?

at my school, they don't allow routers on the network and automatically kick you off if they detect one, so i used my desktop computer as a gateway to the network... basically i created a backend. If you have a computer with the right hardware, you could set up a personal backend network and just point your Wii at that computer. Assuming that computer is then already set up on the network, it would access the internet right through there.

Takes a little knowhow to set this all up and requires the right hardware, but works great :) haha Good Luck

do you mean set up my computer to broadcast the signal as an ad-hoc? my friend tried it with his laptop and it didn't work.

Back