d_k

Blahhh
Jan 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
7162-8575-3268-1906
In other words they broke up
=[=[=[=[
first barbie now this!

Those who know Spider-Man only from Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst in the movies might be surprised to learn that in the comic book, the web-spinning hero has been married for almost 21 years.
That's why the comic world is in an uproar over Marvel Comics' decision to undo the marriage of Peter Parker and red-haired bombshell Mary Jane Watson, reversing two decades of storytelling.

In Amazing Spider-Man #545 last week, Peter and Mary Jane make a tearful deal with the devil-like character Mephisto: In exchange for saving Aunt May's life, Mephisto erases all traces of the Peter-Mary Jane marriage from memory.

In the issue out this week, subtitled Brand New Day, Peter Parker returns to his roots — young, nerdy and single. Aunt May is alive and well and Mary Jane is again just part of the cast. The marriage never happened.

"People are very upset. They erased a lot of stuff that had been set in stone," says John Newman, manager of Ultimate Comics in Chapel Hill, N.C., on Wednesday as customers came in to buy the opening chapter of Brand New Day. To help emphasize the new start, Amazing Spider-Man will go thrice-monthly.

source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2008-01-09-spider-man-marriage_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

Last edited:
pretty weird... i guess they have a fresh start for tomorrow's readers who are presently in kindergarten. i heard the latest superman movie storyline was messed up, too.

I don't care either way. As long as Peter Parker remains Spider-Man, I couldn't care less whether or not he was married.

And yeah, that deal sucked. Aunt May was getting old. Wouldn't she like being with Uncle Ben anyway?

yea people knew about this for awhile, a lot of the comic forums have been protesting for the longest. It ruins the whole spidey comic without MJ..BUT there is a rumor that they do find each other again.

Mary Jane isn't deleted...it's basically spider but he is back to square one so in future they will get married again it's kind of obvious in my view. Annoying for fans to find that after 547 issues they are back to issue 1.

Back