Comments on Gamestop

WiiBad

Member of Wiichat
Feb 2, 2007
United States
Okay, so I recently got hired at a Gamestop and have heard some rather disappointing things about a job that initially excited me quite a bit. Are there any Gamestop employees on this forum? If so, please share any work related issues and/or concerns you may have with this company. How many hours do some of you get in a week? What are your pay (stubs) like? Just curious, thanks.

a good friend of mine is the manager of one. he used to constantly offer me a job there like a few years back.

i almost took him up on it until i got hired at radioshack but then i found out there discount sucks and they don't watch movies and play games all day. its a tape youre forced to watch and it was lame

i had a friend that worked there a few years ago and she (like me) didn't know anything about video games. she didn't really like the job, but i don't know the reasons. probably because she had no interest in video games. and i think the people she worked with were jerks.

CCScandalus said:
i had a friend that worked there a few years ago and she (like me) didn't know anything about video games. she didn't really like the job, but i don't know the reasons. probably because she had no interest in video games. and i think the people she worked with were jerks.

Everytime I go to all the gamestops/ EB games near me they always are really really cool. The people there are nice and they know a lot about what their talking about.

CCScandalus said:
yeah, i didn't mean everybody that works there... just those that she happened to work with at the time

K. Out of all the stores, they have the best selection that I've seen. (Quoting that they sell pretty much all video games.)

One time i bought a xbox live card and i went hoem to scratch off the numbers and imput them and i turns out a few numbers were missing. Later that night i called the customer service for xbox and they said to return it to gamestop for a new one since it was defected, but i tried to reurned it and the man said sorry but we do not accept returns on it. Then i pulled out my cellphone and called customers service and they said that gamestop does accept returns on defective cards but the man refused to take the phone to listen to the customers service himself and then asked me to leave the store because i was distrupting the customers, and it turns out there were no customers. He then said if i didnt leave he would call the police. Then i left and didnt buy from gamestop again.

One time i bought a xbox live card and i went hoem to scratch off the numbers and imput them and i turns out a few numbers were missing. Later that night i called the customer service for xbox and they said to return it to gamestop for a new one since it was defected, but i tried to reurned it and the man said sorry but we do not accept returns on it. Then i pulled out my cellphone and called customers service and they said that gamestop does accept returns on defective cards but the man refused to take the phone to listen to the customers service himself and then asked me to leave the store because i was distrupting the customers, and it turns out there were no customers. He then said if i didnt leave he would call the police. Then i left and didnt buy from gamestop again.

Hmm that sucks..

I'm pretty sure if the guy ended up calling the police not much would have happened seeing as you had a valid point and the guy was trying to rip you off....

Assuming Gamestop and EB Games are basically the same they tend to rip people off when it comes to trading in games. However the workers at the EB Games near me are actually quite nice.

Ha i like gamestop but one time this one dude pissed me off so bad
i bought god of war 2 it was like an hour b4 i wanted to return it
because i forgot to buy my sister her birthday present and the dude
kept telling me
"Were not blockbuster you cant just buy games and return em"
so then i called up the manger and told em what happened
and the dude and the manger took sides and we were debating
and then another employee came and started arguing also
but in the end i got my refund cause there were customers that needed
to be served but i got banned from that gamestop
which is gay but **** it they were lil bitches
i didnt want to see em anyways =P

Well, work was alot of fun tonight. I guess my main concern is only getting 12 hours this week, which at minimum wage is pretty sad. Hopefully this will get better after the new employee syndrome wears off. Told a guy who bought a Wii about Wiichat!

Syntax said:
Hmm that sucks..

I'm pretty sure if the guy ended up calling the police not much would have happened seeing as you had a valid point and the guy was trying to rip you off....

Assuming Gamestop and EB Games are basically the same they tend to rip people off when it comes to trading in games. However the workers at the EB Games near me are actually quite nice.
I know what u mean...the only good trade-in deal I ever got from EBgames was when I traded in six old games for a free DS. The catch was that all 6 games had to have a trade value of $8.00. I brought in about 30 games and only 10 qualified, but most of those were some of my favorite xbox 360 games so I ended up trading some gamecube games......I even had to part with my SSBM.

Back