Companies that "would/could" make an amazing new games console!

Napalmbrain said:
Me too, which is why I'm glad they're not currently in the video games market. Quicktime is a horrible format, it's extremely annoying how they force it on you along with iTunes (which is not exactly great itself), and their website is by far the most unhelpful I have ever seen.
True
Every now aand then it wants me to install itunes
Its like a damn virus

Apple should sick to putin out records

Naa sorry maan, apple can kiss my chuddies, i hate apple!
I noticed Apple are pretty big in the States, but a few years back in the UK you'd only find Apple notebooks in like bigger cities, they weren't that popular, but now they're slowly getting know, especially now that they advertising a new "the worlds slimest" notebook yet.

Plus i think Ryuuk needs to double check his stuff cus he's on mine, i added him to mine first so he can't add me to his.

I say intel needs to make one, it would just rock with all the power it would have..... it would be like a mini super computer.

~X

True, it would mostly likey very SUPER if Intel made one, but i think it would probably too expensive though. Otherwise it would have been my choice too over AMD.
But i wonder what it would be like if say Microsoft was just about to enter the market for the first time, i don't think their console would look like the 360 at all, or would it?

Apple all the way

Come on it would top microsoft and we ll know it (not that they have a good system anyway or come to mention it anything good)

Maybe even a new sega system people!!

EA. They release the same console every year with a different number!

--

How abouts philips?

Apple Guy said:
Maybe even a new sega system people!!

ryuuk4.png

Ryuuk will eat you

I think the game maybe soon over for Sega

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=32919
*Steals a reaf for Segas grave*

Apple Guy said:
Apple all the way

Come on it would top microsoft and we ll know it (not that they have a good system anyway or come to mention it anything good)

No we don't know it - in fact, historically MS has produced two consoles that have sold 10's of millions and Apple failed with their Pippin product (trying to create a core-tech with re-branding). In fact, MS doesn't even factor in (given your name I'm assuming everything you say about tech is somehow meant to elevate Apple, and diminish MS).

*However*

That being said, Apple does (now) have what it takes to potentially be sucessful in this marketspace:

Terrific brand equity

Loyal following

Spectacular marketing

I would think with the clout that Jobs carries, he could leverage some decent major studio support as well. We know that Apple keeps heading towards convergence and media distribution, so that would be any easy tech to add.

Hardware? That's the easy part in my book - the trick is cost. We could all sit down and spec out some requirements, standard features and a group of reasonably decent engineers could crank out the design.

So hardware has more of a business case consideration than pure technical execution. It's +possible+ that Apple could even justify a slightly higher entry point, considering how much it gets for basically PC based architecture in jazzy white cases.

If there was going to be a new console maker though I think another company would have to drop out of the running (Sony,Microsoft or Nintendo) because these days its even harder to make a profit(If you're offering graphics and other stuff) because you need low prices to sell more and then there would be a 4 way console war lol

an apple console would be sleek and overpriced but it would still do something very innovative, beyond that of the wii.

Sovieto said:
an apple console would be sleek and overpriced but it would still do something very innovative, beyond that of the wii.

You can charge your ipod with it?

Sovieto said:
360 can already do that -_- and i think ps3 and wii too.

Fine...It charges your ipod quicker:shifty:

i would love to see Radiohead develop a console. they come up with crazy stuff to make music, i can't even imagine what would come out of them if they were to make a console. obviously it will never happen. but watch some of their later live shows and see what instruments they play(mostly colin.)

Back