Compatible Wifi Dongle

salad82

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2007
Hello,

my PC is not Wifi. Dont want to buy an official WIFI dongle as i think is is a rip off so can people please list working dongles...

Thanks

I'm pretty sure any USB wireless adapter that is SoftAP mode enabled will work. I use the WL-138G v2 internal wireless card, personally.

I use a Wifi Max. Its the PSP version but it works flawlessley with my DS and Wii.

Same price as the Nintendo one though :crazy:

Actually I would like to know what is the advantage of having the USB WiFi adapter. I thought I need one, but I found the Wii can already connect to my WiFi router at home by itself. What addition function does the USB WiFi adapter offer?

If people don't have a Wireless router this is an alternative

And it connects to a DS and a Wii so it's 1 item for both consoles to go online

I almost bought a USB WiFi adapter for Wii but now I found I don't need it at all. I have 4 wireless router running at home in bridging mode with one DSL uplink. If people do have not a wireless router, would it be cheaper to get one instead of a WiFi adapter? My four 802.11g routers costed only $8-$20 each. I am getting multiple wireless routers because it is cheaper then buying wireless interface (or even CAT-5 cables) for each computer and printer at home.

Back