Completely Wireless

Yad

WiiChat Member
Feb 16, 2009
A couple of years ago, I bought a 42" plasma tv. It took awhile, but I managed to hide all my cables and power cords behind/through/under walls/floors/carpets so that my tv is the only thing on the wall.

Now I have a Wii. Cables are everywhere! Does anyone know (besides the wireless sensor bar) of a way to hook a Wii up to your tv without using the cables, or is there some sort of wireless RCA adapter? My Dishnetwork box and DVD player are on one side of the room, while the tv is about 20'-25' away. I'd like to put the Wii next to the DVD player. The dish box does not have any input RCA's. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't think there's anything like what you're asking about, and if there were I would think you might end up with input lag issues.

Does your DVD player have aux. inputs? Should be able to go through there.

You didn't specify if you were using the composite cable (the one that comes with the Wii) or a component cable (have to buy it separately). Just as a note, you will get a much nicer picture from the Wii using the component cable.

Actually what you need to do is buy a Audio receiver that has all the inputs you need and then you have one set of cables running to your TV, everything else is run to your receiver.

Problem solved.

Hub

I have to disagree. Like the orignal post I have hidden all wiring prior to getting a wii. I have a wall mounted plasma as well. No wires above, below, and all around it. There is usually a way to keep things wireless. Although the degree of difficulty may be up there depending on the situation. If you want to send me a picture of your setup and discuss the layout of your home, I can show you how to run the wire. I ran the componet cables, wii sensor bar, and power in about 40 minutes without showing any wiring. It was more challenging than I thought because I already have so many hidden wires it was a little tight squeezing in three extra wires.

Problem solved. I made a small bracket that fits behind the tv, and mounted the Wii upright to the wall. Now all the wires and power cord are behind the tv, and you can't even tell we have a Wii. It's almost like we have a 42" plasma with a built in Wii. The only thing visible from the front of the tv is the sensor bar. Thanks for everyone's input!

interesting solutuion

Very interesting solutuion. You should post a pic so we can all see your handy work :).

Back