Component cable and jagged edges

feynman

WiiChat Member
May 24, 2007
Hi all,

I bought a component cable for my 60" Sony TV and I noticed something strange that the graphics on Wii Sports actually look worse than in the regular cable. Is this normal?

I did change into the 480p setting in the Wii Menu and I get a message "Interlaced Progressive" on the TV when I switch on the TV.

Especially in bowling the pins seem to have these jagged edges which make it look ugly. I havn't tried any other games yet.

Is this 480p a game specific feature? Do some games support it and others dont? Does not look like Wii Sports supports it...

Thanks in advance....

Cheers!

The standard composite cables blur and hide everything, the nice textures and the jagged edges.

The component cables show everything. They show the nice textures but they also expose the jagged edges.

its like watching regular cable tv on a good HDTV, it will look like crap. Because the TV shows how crappy it really is. I noticed the Wii will look better on a crappy tv than on a nice one because, like they said, it becomes blurred. When the HDTV shows good detail, it reveals how bad the picture can really look.

I have this same problem with my 56" JVC HD-ILA (LCOS) set. It plays HD sources BEAUTIFULLY, but the Wii and Standard Def cable don't look so hot.

Back