'Component Cable for Nintendo Wii' worth it?

JKill09

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2008
Wii Online Code
6974-8190-3255-1356
I was thinking about buying the component cable but I wanted first to see if there is a noticeable difference between the regular video cable and this component cable. Are graphics dramatically enhanced? Is it worth the money? Replies would be appreciated.

there will be a little difference but not dramatatic as you would say. i bought mine because im using it to play on a large hdtv so if youre gonna be doing the same, then i think the component cable would be a good buy. however if you'll be using it on tvs with smaller screens, it might not be that big of a difference than youre expecting and the composite cables will do just fine.

I have a large screen HDTV also. So I should purchase them?

i think you should. using composite cables on large hdtvs tend to wash out the image and will look worse than if you are using a regular tv.

Ya :yesnod: If you have an HD T.V you should definately get the component cable. But watch out though some games dont play in Hd, and the Hd level is not very high it's only 480 p. But still some games really show well.
Sadly one of my favourite games :worship: naruto clash of ninja revolution isnt in Hd. DAMN! :mad5:

The color will improve and the image will be sharper but it's not what you always want. A sharper image means you can see the jaggy (aliasing) edges better and makes the poor wii graphics(relatively) more noticeable. But progressive scan will balance that out.

So you're saying if I have 480p and get component cable it will makes the setting of "sharp" or something like that in SSBB better?
Or will it make it even more jaggy?
What I'm more concerned about is with 480p when you record things it with a cam corder. Wwon't have a line running through right?

Okay. So the difference will resemble the difference in Brawl when you turn the deflicker on and off? (I don't know what it is but Brawl says the Deflicker blurs the images and makes them 'smoother' as opposed to 'sharp and jagged') Would the component cables make them even sharper and jagged-er.?

No! Don't worry about it! Just buy them, try them, if you don't like/see the difference, take them back.

I don't think the component cable is worth it at all. If it was cheaper and if all games supported it then sure.

I think I understand the de-flicker in Brawl now. For 480i if you turn it off (or on I forgot, but the one w/ sharper edge) you can really see the screen flicker, I'm guessing the screen won't flicker in 480p, but we'll see. I did order component cables for only $6! : ) thanks to Idjut recommendation.

I have a question when I play games in my tv if there's like horizontal lines touch vertical lines you can actually see the vertical line dent

Like let's say it's suppose to be like this
--------|
It would turn out to be
-------->
Not that big of a dent x3 but still very noticeable. Is it just the TV? or do you think component will help fix this?

Back