'Component Cable for Nintendo Wii' worth it?

Brawny said:
No! Don't worry about it! Just buy them, try them, if you don't like/see the difference, take them back.

:lol: I had already ordered them online about 2 posts into this thread.

EffeKt said:
I don't think the component cable is worth it at all. If it was cheaper and if all games supported it then sure.
well that depends on the situation. it's definitely worth it if youre using a big hdtv, which the user said he is, otherwise the image will look much worse than usual if youre using composite cables.

Hmm I don't have a big HDTV mine about 27" is that a good size for component? x_x

Hmm I'm not sure what HDTV means anymore w are you talking about 780i/p+? or does 480p counts as HDTV?
I just have 480p but the size of the screen is about 27"

well if you wanna be technical, youre 480p 27 inch tv is considered an edtv. i think the thing you really have to think about is if youre willing to spend a few couple bucks to get a bit of improvement on the wii's graphics. it's not gonna be that drastic but the details on the graphics will be a little sharper and the colors better.

480p is not HD on any size TV.

It's SDTV, or, to be technical, EDTV, or "enhanced definition."

Basically the middle ground between SDTV and HDTV.

And yes, the component cable is worth it. You'll see a big difference in some games. Namely Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and, as I've noticed, Resident Evil 4.

However, I've found that Prince of Persia and NFS Carbon still look pretty "composite-y."

And of course, if you don't own an HDTV, don't bother with the component cable, because only HDTVs support progressive scan.

That gamespot link is great. Good comparisons.

The component cable really does make some games look a lot more crisp. The Zelda screenshots are great evidence.

Yea I only knew my TV was an HDTV because it says it clearly on the front of it. Under it is 1080i. Not sure what that means, I just know my TV is HD. :lol:

A 1080i HDTV means it can display resolutions:

-480i
-480p
-720i
-720p
-1080i

But not 1080p.

In other words, Wii should look pretty damn good on it.

I would buy it and I did lol
it does look better specially in brawl movies(adventuremode)

Back