Component Cable Input Question

I'm have the same type of tv but no cables yet. I beleive it would work because you have to enable 480p manually through the setting on the wii. To be able to even see the setting using the components cables it would have to output at 480i.

I have asked a few times for someone to compare 480i with component vs composite so people like us will know if it is worth it but nobody has done the test.
If you compare a dvd using composite vs component it does make quite a difference so in theory the same should go for the wii.

well, even if your tv does not support 480p, you will still see a small increase in sharpness because the colors and contrast are sent over different cables so there is less blur between different colors on the screen if that makes sense:smilewinkgrin:

i think at 30 dollars its worth it. my grandma has a tv with only 480i and component inputs and i noticed that the colors were more vivid with component cables. it mostly depends on whether you can afford the 30 dollars, if you can i think its defiantly worth it. who knows, you might get a new tv sometime soon:yesnod:

Back