Component Cable Problem!!!!

Villiard

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2007
hey what's up guys, i just bought component cables for the wii. i turned my tv on and the color was all messed up. the picture seems as if yellow turned into a greenish color. the same thing happened to my friends tv. he has a ps3, he bought cables for it and now his screen is greenish. anyone know what's wrong?

yea i tried that, it still does not work. thanks tho man. it's weird cause my friend has a ps3 with a sony tv. i have a wii with a olevia tv and we both have the same problem. hrmmmm....

well then you probably got a 1.messed up set of cables 2. messed up tv or 3. the cables in the wrong spot

What cables do you have?

I just got my 3rd party component cables and they work great. A lot sharper when playing Zelda now.:thumbsup:

what brand component cables did you purchase? the ones i got are asid tech.

yeah make sure you have the cables in the right places, although some tvs wont display anything in that case...wont hurt to try though.

and about the ps3, could be a similar thing, although i heard some anti-ps3 people (nintendo/xbox fanboys) slating the ps3 as many systems suddently started displaying messed up colours...i saw a few vids on youtube showing the screens going red and green, sometimes only sections of the screens changed...

may wanna do a bit of research on that..

Hi got the Nintendo cables also and it made a big difference in Zelda, as I can now see in the dark dungeons. I set my Wii to 480P and to component input on my Sony HDTV.

Try a different cable and see if that works for you.

Good luck

yea, i'm probably going to exchange'em for a madcatz brand. thanks for the help guys.

It might be that you switched the audio red and the video red. I did that with the official nintendo cables, and it made the screen green and screwed up the sound. Other than that, I can't help you. Good luck!

Villiard said:
yea i tried that, it still does not work. thanks tho man. it's weird cause my friend has a ps3 with a sony tv. i have a wii with a olevia tv and we both have the same problem. hrmmmm....
thanks for tellin me, I have the same television, is yours a syntaxillion?

Back