Component cable problems.

What's the difference between a 60 dollar component cable vs. a 20 dollar or below one? Is the quality something that will be noticeable onscreen?

it's the difference between buying like a monster cable wire vs. the radio shack ones.. supposed to be much better though i've never seen a diffrence (on a side note, best buy sells acoustic research cables that are a great deal for the price)

:hand: I bought the $50 component cables when they first came out, and I get jaggies to. Some games look a lot smoother though. AND you can play game-cube games in progressive scan. :ihih: if you have a HDTV these cables are worth it.:yesnod:

I'd buy the $50 set, but don't expect to be AMAZED!

wii-tard said:
I got 50$ component cables too. I would recomened to not buy them.

really? I don't mind them at all...I'm running a 50inch LCD projection TV:drool:
Jaggies are worse on a small TV, so ONLY USE HD CABLES ON A BIG TV!:thumbsup:

Huge difference when using 480p, especially while browsing the internet.

I can't say its worth upgrading to a 20-27" tv in order to see Wii in 480p since the difference between 480i and 480p really isn't that huge on smaller tv's compared to say... 480i / 480p on a 100" screen (HD mandatory).

Still having issues with the wii sensor bar accuracy on that size screen however...

Last edited:
Back