Component Cable too bright?

There is a setting in the Wii video menu to allow for different kind of connections, could try setting it to EDTV or something, if it's available.

I, too, am having the same problem. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one, but at the same time no one knows how to fix it. We all have different TV's so I can only assume there is a problem with our Wii's. Weird thing is, in games it (Seems to be) fine. Its only on the menu. I dunno, but it's really starting to annoy me.

well that's rubbish.

called LG and basically had no clue. Suggested i take my wii to local currys or somewhere and testing it there !!

I know this is probably the first thing you all tried but are you sure you have the cables in correctly.

i.e. the red audio and red video aren't round the wrong way?

I only suggest this because I've done it and that's what the two screenshots remind me of.

You could also try and plug each of the of the 5 cables in one at a time and make sure there's a difference with each plug e.g. sound from the left, from the right, picture, colour etc

It may well be the cable. I had one from Game that was rubbish. Have the Nintendo one now and that's fine.

I have the exact same problem. It looks too bright. Thought it was my TV. I am using the cables that came wiht the Wii. Suggestions?

no fix that i'm aware of at the moment :(

still waiting for Lg to get back to me, been like 2 months !!

Back