component cables rule the school

big willa

Dr Von
Nov 10, 2006
Wii Online Code
4010-9458-5344-3606
I just got my offical nintendo component cables and on my LCD tv (I just got 2 weeks ago:) ) madden looks amazing. The cables in my mind make the wii more likea nextgen console (I was getting a little worried). The menus in madden are way crisper now, and gameplay graphics look better too. If you don't have the cable by now go get them.

MaxCapacitor said:
Composite (A/V) cables.

If it has Y/Pb/Pr connectors on the back, then yes you can.

Are those the red, yellow and white things I use for consoles? :p

Wiinoob said:
Are those the red, yellow and white things I use for consoles? :p

you need a HDTV

which has 3 for video than 2 for sound, component has red/green/blue than the red/white for sound or wahtever colors they are.

nintendo wii doesn't support High Definition that are 780p, 1080p.
It only supports 480p which is not HD, thus some of the SDTV can play 480p.

if u are amazed by what 480p can do, u will double or triple that surprises when u play xbox360 and ps3.

Yeah... on my list to buy is def a new TV (LCD or not) with component in, I can't believe my TV doesn't have the connections being only two years old now, it's pathetic really. And it cost me over $300 too... disappointing non the less.

I have some type of LCD TV. I don't have the Wii yet, but I'm planning on getting the component cable once I get the Wii. My TV does have the 5 input connector things (whatever you call them) and the TV is about a year old. Can't wait to get the Wii!

P.S. The 5 colors are green, blue, red, white, red (one red for video, one for audio).

Don't have component so I'm going to get S-Video cables along with the Wii (don't have one yet) so I'll let you know how that looks.

Esco27 -- speaking of S-Video cables, I am very upset. I got an X-box a few years ago as a birthday present. A few weeks ago, I got a new cable (just the regular A/V cord) because the old one didn't work and it had an optional S-Video cord. I think I accidently bent the little needles in the TV's S-Video connector thing. Whatever, I'm glad that the component cable for the Wii doesn't require S-Video!

Back