Component Cables to PC

Scuba Kid

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Wii Online Code
6069-2332-3129-0150
Not exactly sure where to put this as there is no general hardware section, so please move if this not a suitable place.

Anywho, I got a Wii on launch day and decided that it is very much worthy of staying hooked up to my main TV (best and biggest of the house). So I decided i'm going to move my PS2 and connect it to my laptop's docking station. Here's why: my docking station has component cable hookups on it and my there is a perfect place to put my ps2 so that its out of the way. However, I realized that there are only visual jacks...no audio. Sp if I go buy component cable for my ps2 and hook it up there, what do i do about the audio? I'm not really a know-how when it comes to tech stuff, so any help would be appreciated.
Oh and upon hooking it up there, how would i plau my ps2? is there a certain thing i hafta do to play games rather than be on my pc? (If that made any sense at all)

Someone's gotta have an answer for me....

I find it hard to believe that no one has an answer to this question....

component cable inputs....red, green, blue. ill post a pic tomorrow.

When i bought a set of Logitech Z-2300 speakers they came with a red/white audio to green computer audio jack converter. I'm sure you could find something like that at a radio shack or similar store.

You cant just hook up ps2 to your tuner/graphics card and play ps2 on your computer. You need a vga adapter and plug it into your monitor, assuming your monitor has a vga input.

Last edited:
get a red white (RCA) to miniplug adapter, connect it to the line-in port (blue)

radioshack should have it for less then $4

your welcome.

vagrant said:
You cant just hook up ps2 to your tuner/graphics card and play ps2 on your computer. You need a vga adapter and plug it into your monitor, assuming your monitor has a vga input.

I'm not exactly hooking it up to my computer...im hooking it up to my docking station which my monitor is also hooked up to.
Does that make a difference?

...what's a vga adapter? (I'm kinda retarded when it comes to tech stuff like this :) )

Edit: Oh yeah...is it possible to get a converter if my docking station only has component jacks but i want composite? If not, it doesnt matter, just wanted to save some money on component cables.

Last edited:
Back