component video cables

kwpoppy

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2007
will component video cables give better picture on HDTV than the RCA cables that came with Wii.

Yes from what I hear they will give you a crisper, cleaner picture with more vibrant colors, I'm about to get an HDTV in a few weeks, and I'm going to get the component cables myself.

I picked up a Nyko charging dock AND component cables combo from Sam's Club for only $34.

Last edited:
use the search button next time.

they wont change your picture drastically but if youve got the money might as well get them.

I have an a couple HDTV's (LCD and DLP), and there isn't a huge difference in the picture. Until the wii software/hardware supports higher visuals, you wont see a huge leap from composite to component cables. Component cables for the Wii are more like "confident cables". They make you feel like your getting a better picture but the change is minimal at best. I have them anyways. You can pick up component cables for the Wii at GameStop for $14.99 by the way.

nice $34 for nyko cables and charging dock wow thats a great deal i see that price for just one
i never been to a walmart or a sams club
o well costo dont got it and gamestop dont got those prices

i was thinking of getting the cables but was in no rush waiting for a good deal

Dude, monoprice cables- http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=3566&seq=1&format=2

I just got mine in yesterday, and on my big TV it's the difference between night and day.

It looks like they went up in price, probably because everyone is buying them since they got a posting over at the AV Forums and CAG. They were, just last Friday, going for $3.94, now $6.39. These are the ones I use.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830

That link will show you the other game console accessories they make, but feel free to explore- I also purchased another HDMI cable, and an optical audio cable. Total purchase, with shipping (last Friday, received yesterday) was $21 and change.

They'll give you a better picture but personally on my 26" LCD HDTV theres not much of a difference. Then again 480i to 480p isn't really a big leap either. I just use the composite cables (I gave my friend the component ones) since the component cables did make the picture clearer it also made the jaggies more noticeable.

With larger TV's you will see a difference. 480i just doesn't cut it on things 48" or greater. Note: 480p isn't great either, but I will report back after I hook the Wii up with component on my 52" LCD.

Now - the PS3 looks freaking crazy on the TV. holy....

I'm getting a 42" HDTV in a few weeks, from what I hear here it should make a meager difference at least, the screenshots I've seen on the other threads showing differences gave me hope :)

Back