it is such a bad habbit i cant stop
sometimes someone says something i just say lol
every other word i say is lol
so post your computer lingo thing that you use the most
lol

FYI: I was jk with the "lol" at the end
im aware
haha

i don't use caps... i first tried when i joined, but i saw how bad so many others type that i thought it would be fine to continue not using them. i capitalize properly when i'm authoritative, like in "Ban the user above you" thread.

*Banned for using lol to much!*

idjut said:
i don't use caps... i first tried when i joined, but i saw how bad so many others type that i thought it would be fine to continue not using them. i capitalize properly when i'm authoritative, like in "Ban the user above you" thread.

*Banned for using lol to much!*

im trying not to say lol
so ill say hahah
thats what ill use instead of lol
haha
(im gettin the hang of it already =])

Barbz911 said:
whats bbz?
Babies. But not actual babies, like, my crew, my boos. Y'know?

I have a bunch of Wiichat bbz =)

Heh, I guess I don't think of "lol" and "stfu" as "computer lingo". That's just people not wanting to type... doesn't take a computer.

computer lingo != any acronym or typing shorthand

That said, I refuse to use "lol". Too much association with lame AOL kiddies. I'll use "haha" and smilies, that's it.

Now, assuming that you're not the sort to think typing "hax0r" makes you "1337" (reality check: see "lamer"), here's where to go to get the real deal:

http://www.ccil.org/jargon/jargon_toc.html

sremick said:
That said, I refuse to use "lol". Too much association with lame AOL kiddies.

I was about to write a comment on LOL. :yesnod:

I've noted that LOL use has escalated so much that it has completely lost its impact. It used to be reserved for *hysterical* postings - stuff that really made you let loose with a full-on audible laugh.

Now it's used as like punctuation and/or as sort of a sentence "pre/post-fix".

lol I went up to the store today lol.

So you're telling me before you wrote that you BUST OUT laughing, then wrote it, THEN bust out laughing again?? Need a dosage upgrade?

Thank you, this thread has been [semi] cathartic :D

Oh my God, I barely use any of it, ever. I think I'm the only person who's never used lol before. I think it was me making up for Adam being whacked with the lolorstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back