Concerns about over heating?

infaredx2

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
3360-7089-7767-6047
Hi all, I went to play my RE4 and I took out the WiiSports CD (Wii was in standby mode) and it was very hot, and I wondered to myself "will this thing over heat?" I thought the fan was supposed to keep it cool but it really didnt do anything. I was wondering if any1 thought about buying a little fan and putting it back there? Anyone else have these thoughts of there Wiis melting into a pile of plastic?

You can get Wii stands with fans inbuilt to keep your wii cool, I hvae one (it also lights up :D) but I rarely use it, only if I play for a long time (1 hour+) will I turn it on

I wouldn't worry about a Wii overheating. If you think the Wii gets hot, try a 360/PS3. They will make the temperature in your room raise 10°. I nearly burned myself yesterday when I touched the metal piece on my 360's HDD after playing my PS3 for a few hours with the side vent blowing onto the 360's HDD.

Dont worry about that i left my wii on all night and afternoon until 2:57 Pm (i forgot to shut it off and i just realized it was on.) it was fine.Just Hot on the side.

There were a few faulty Wiis that would overheat and crash then shut off. Nintendo replaces them for free.

Unless your Wii is turning off mid game don't worry about it.

Aren't you supposed to remove the disc while not playing?

The only time my Wii got too hot was when Connect24 was left on (is that what you were talking about). Rather this is a function it was built for or not, I no longer do this and it never even hardly gets warm. Even after hours of playing sometimes. There should be no real worries unless there are some hardware issues of course.

My Wii is sitting on top of a UPS and has been connected to the internet and had a disc inserted 24 hours a day 7 days a week since I bought it. I have never had an issue with heat. Mine is vertical.

We should state whether the system is vertical or horizontal. Maybe that is the difference?

Don't Worry About It... I've Had My Wii On Standby Since Launch!

No Explosion Yet!:lol:

I've got a problem with mine, after playing RE4 i have weird lines on my screen. Been looking into it & it's artifacts caused by the graphics card overheating, seemingly becoming an increasing problem.

It is caused by WiiConnect24 being left on as the fan does not kick in when this is on.

Gazza123 said:
I've got a problem with mine, after playing RE4 i have weird lines on my screen. Been looking into it & it's artifacts caused by the graphics card overheating, seemingly becoming an increasing problem.

It is caused by WiiConnect24 being left on as the fan does not kick in when this is on.

any links to proof of this? My Wii had been connected to Connect24 since a month after US launch, and RE4 is the game I play most often, and I see no lines.

Back