Confirmed: No Online for Metroid Prime 3

If you were going to buy MP3 before knowing it wasn't online you are still going to.

Don't be retarded and try to act like you are going to boycott the game because it's not online. Nintendo is smarter than you, they know what sells metroid games.

Metroid Prime multiplayer is lame deal with it.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
What is the deal with this "it has to be online" crap. It's a feature that isn't new, nor standard.

It's not created to compete with Halo

but that's the thing, it could. they could easily create an online multiplayer mode that could be as good as halo's. and with the single player being much better than halo's campaign crap, MP3 could be the next great game and overtake the halo series.

It's a feature that isn't new, nor standard.

yes it is! both XBox360 and PS3 have an online mode for nearly every single game they come out with. even the ps2 and xbox had online for just about all the games, or atleast every one i played... nintendo is really screwing up with this online stuff. online is the future. i know that they lost thousands of sales after no online is confirmed.

That's the whole problem, some of ya'll are expecting MP3 to overcome Halo. It can't. You cannot do a better online system than Microsoft has with Halo. Halo 3 online is going to be huge, there is no way Metroid Prime 3 could overcome that.

Metroid Prime isn't an answer to Halo and never has been. Some people keep expecting it to be, which isn't really fair to the MP series.

Halo 3 is going to be huge. MP3 will be pretty big. There is no way on earth that MP3 would ever outsell, outhype, etc Halo 3. Accept it.

MysticGohan said:
:yikes: Dam you nintendo! :mad5: :shocked:
Source
Source 2
what do u think of this news?

While I don't doubt the information, this is technically only one source. The first source listed here is just quoting the second source.

IcedEarth81 said:
That's the whole problem, some of ya'll are expecting MP3 to overcome Halo.
In my eyes the first two games overcame Halo 1+2..I'm sure he third will be the same.

Also I would actually buy that Samus helmet collection the dude suggested :lol:
IcedEarth81 said:
There is no way on earth that MP3 would ever out hype Halo 3.
Thats true..as Halo is the most over hyped franchise like..ever.

I could've sworn this was comfirmed like a year ago, lol.

Any way yeah, Metroid Prime multiplayer has never been much to marvel about so I'm glad they focused on the much better Single Player.

I hope Metroid Prime 3 is different though. I tried to get into 1 and 2, but it just wasn't any fun to me. Sure it was fun in parts, but most of the time it felt like labour.

Eh, but it looked super pretty to me.

Last edited:
Yup, thats right, Metroid not having multiplayer online is not only Nintendos fault (Although its made by Retro Studios) but also the reason the GameCube failed (Even though Metroid was one of its biggest sellers).

---Brian--- said:
You'd think they would learn from the failure of the Game Cube, Nintendo for you i guess.

If the gamecube was anything it was a lunchbox looking concole. It was not a failure. Have you ever played Mario strikers, Resident Evil 4, Windwaker, Luigis Mansion or the metroid games?

They were great.

Jay61 said:
Yup, thats right, Metroid not having multiplayer online is not only Nintendos fault (Although its made by Retro Studios) but also the reason the GameCube failed (Even though Metroid was one of its biggest sellers).

Metroid Prime Online would probably suck any way, especially in comparison to Halo and others.

As long as Nintendo puts a lot of effort into online support for games that actually have shown awesome multiplayer such as Mario Tennis, SBB, MK, and AC they'll be ok.

Back