Confirmed: No Online for Metroid Prime 3

As Matt from IGN says...

Prime 3 is a single-player game with no online component. Retro Studios decided early on to devote its efforts to creating a fantastic solo experience, not a watered-down multiplayer one. Good choice, too. Adding a multiplayer mode to Metroid is like adding one to Zelda: it's unnecessary. I can see why some people would want one. As far as speedy first-person controls go, Prime 3 has everybody beat on Wii, and that truth seems to lend itself to online competitions. Metroid Prime Hunters on DS was enjoyable, but it also felt nothing like a Metroid game, and that's really the risk you run when you do something like that. There will be other really great online games for Wii. Prime 3 can exist as a great offline one.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dude I own Halo 1...it feels very much like every other shooter I have. Its good though I'll give you that. Halo 2 on the other hand...

callme.nasty said:
yeah, i guess you could say that's open minded.

once again you seem to have me figured out. i'd love wait until 2008 if they put in a good multiplayer mode. SSBB is coming out later this year, so that'll have me content until 2008.
Ah, but even then, that could be time spent on upgrading the 1 player experience. Just because everyone else is doing online deathmatches and such, doesn't mean everyone has to. Besides, this is a big year for Nintendo. I think it's in their strategy to have the big hitters come out in 2007, encourage people to buy the Wii as soon as possible.

arguing for an hour doesn't mean i have an obsession.
No. It's the insistence that there is no reason for not having online, and that you blatently argue that YOU'RE willing to wait. What about everyone else? Should they wait, just so you can have an experience that you seem to be fine with getting elsewhere?

i have more of an obsession about hating people like you than wanting this online multiplayer.
You should be careful who you say that to. For all you know I could be an ethnic minority. You could have just stated that you hate my race. Of course, I know you're meaning "smart-alecs that make more sense than I do".

i don't even play video games too often. i play maybe 2 or 3 times a month.
If it's such a trivial subject to you, why are you here?

i work full time, i have a life besides video games.
Yes, bantering with people over the internet it seems. Kinda digs into your gameplaying time doesn't it. At least I do not claim that I have better things to do.

i'm not so sure about so many other games, but other games. Socom 3 for the PS2: absolutely horrible online multiplayer. put together terribly and was full of glitches. but, i played it all the time, every day because it was fun.
And you don't think that's bad? I've only ever been adicted to games I thought were good. If something's not good, it's not fun.

things don't have to be perfected to be fun.
No, but it helps to actually have one thing that is great than two that are mediocre. Likewise, it's better to have no online play, then not-fun online play. Waste of space otherwise.

at the time, there were tens of thousands of people playing that game at every moment, not because it was such a perfect game, but because it was fun. and, as time went on, they realized that the multiplayer could've been better and they kept updating the game with new weapons and levels and other stuff. they could do this with MP3.
If it wasn't for the structure of the game itself, I'm sure it could be implemented. Metroid as it is, wouldn't be that great online, it's already been stated by others. Metroid is a solo, single mission gal. It works that way. Why change something that works for something that probably wouldn't?

no, no, but it'll always be the same objectives, the same story, and you'll end up doing the same things you did before.
And somehow this is different online? Your objective is something new, every time you play someone else? Like, Don't piss off the opposition?! What significant different besides potentially being teamed up with a duffus can the experience have? Aren't you always shooting the other team in order to achieve a set goal?!

maybe someday...
...Maybe tuesday. Who knows... :eek:ut:

this forum is kinda gettin repetitive ull talking about the same stuff shut up

Generaly speaking, you talk about the same topic in a thread...hense it being a thread topic.

Bit of an idiot really arent you.

kevbomac05 said:
this forum is kinda gettin repetitive ull talking about the same stuff shut up
Coming from the guy that's said "shut up" about three times, and told another (more respected) member to "stop posting here"...

ofcourse myb more posts but not more respect i get respect on gears of war im the best baby umn

kevbomac05 said:
ofcourse myb more posts but not more respect i get respect on gears of war im the best baby umn

I wish you would have mentioned your mental illness earlier. I would have flamed you slightly less if I had that information.

Keep in mind I am just assuming you are retarded by the way you type.

And sovieto...halo 1 single player was so aweful lmao. Apparently halo was the first FPS you ever played?

kevbomac05 said:
Your writing is so bad, it's difficult for anyone who isn't also an idiot to understand you.

...And people thought the homoerectus species died out...

...Nope. Just (somehow) learnt to use a computer...

...Now if only we could get him to use grammar, we may actually begin to have a decent arguement here...

Last edited:
.....I'm assumeing Kevbomac's native tongue ISN'T english.....
so hes at a disadvantage when trying to argue as we all can see....

If retro felt like delaying Metroid the first time to JUST improve single player, and get our hopes up about online,.. maybe being in it, they need to delay it again and fulfill these hopes...online will more then likely double the amount of sales for Metroid only because there's many more people who would enjoy the first shooting online game for the Wii then Nintendo seems to think -.-(slow mofos).

As i stated way before theres nothing wrong with a crappy online multiplayer(such as so many PS3 games)....AFTER they take all that time to make this epic single player

Halo 1's Story line was indeed great thats how it got so popular(IMO!!) in the first place

Cause for me it wasnt just those 1 to 2 times I played an 8 person multiplayer, and those 1000 4 player multi matchs I played that capt me coming back :p

Bungie attempted to slap in a diverse online system while making a good storyline for Halo 2 -.-but....failed(from what I'v seen).... So Halo 1 had a good story and Halo 2 had a good online(neither had both) like somone said,... and unlike M3...H3 is gonna have online AND a so called good story. Retro could have even settled for a crappy online but they didnt cause Nintendo's not applying enough pressure to their developers to create online enabled games -.-.

SSBB on the other hand is gonna be a great game and the only thing that has the potential to compete with Halo because of its huge fanbase and its new and inventive ideas.. look how much time they've put into it(more then Retro)....Sakurai has practically thought of every fans idea and upgraded it into even greater ones...unlike Retro*cough*.....

Either way the games not got online now and Retros taking some time off so dout we'd be getting online for a furture Metroid game anytime soon. Maybe a patch? or we can just wait for a new and inventive 007 Goldeneye maybe even at E3.

Peace

Last edited:
Anyone who complains about the multiplayer isn't a true Metroid fanatic. Metroid's always been about great single player. Hunters didn't follow that formula and is a disappointment because of it.

MetroidFan said:
Anyone who complains about the multiplayer isn't a true Metroid fanatic. Metroid's always been about great single player. Hunters didn't follow that formula and is a disappointment because of it.

Anyone who didn't wish the original metroid prime was a 2d side-shooter isn't a true Metroid fanatic. There's nothing wrong with being gamer rather than a fanatic. I'm a Wii fan more than a fan of any single series. The Wii's potential is being abused now.

Hunters wasn't dev'd by retro--blame the single player campaign on that. For a AAA title being released almost a YEAR LATE, one expects something more than a useable control scheme (advanced mode) and "polish". Hire new programmers that can release a decent title in a SINGLE development cycle, or fire the idiot marketer that decided it would be good to announce the game for release half-way through it's first dev cycle. Or, here's an idea, task Retro to the single player, have NST (MPH's dev) to make a multiplayer mode.

Nintendo brought this critique on themselves. If their defenders would just say "yeah, they screwed up. Everyone does, move on", they'd be getting a lot less crap. They shouldn't have hyped it as AAA if it didn't have basic AAA features or if they only wanted Metroid fanatics to buy it. They shouldn't have needed an extra year to make it functional--and had it been released with the system, On Time, no one would have noticed the missing online mode. It's not the end of the world, but it was a screwup. Deal with it.

i'd just like to point out that over half of the people in this thread share my opinion on online. this doesn't mean that any of us are right, because there is no right and wrong in this case. but nintendo has to look at the times we're in right now and the games that are being released now. most games are online now, and thats what people want.

Back