Confused about WiiConnect

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
I should know these answers... but sadly I don't, so I'm asking you guys. :p

I've heard about this WiiConnect.
1.) Does it come with the Wii? Is it part of the Wii itself?
2.) How do you connect to the internet? WiFi? If I have a wireless network running through my house will I be able to connect?
3.) Is online play confirmed yet?

1.) Yep, it's a feature that's built into the Wii.
2.) Yep, WiFi. If you have a wireless signal throughout your house, you'll be able to connect to the internet, totally free.
3.) Yep, I'm pretty sure. Just not for any games coming out this year. But it is confirmed to show up in games coming out in 2007.

^_^ Hope that helps!

Kumoriken said:
1.) Yep, it's a feature that's built into the Wii.
2.) Yep, WiFi. If you have a wireless signal throughout your house, you'll be able to connect to the internet, totally free.
3.) Yep, I'm pretty sure. Just not for any games coming out this year. But it is confirmed to show up in games coming out in 2007.

^_^ Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot!
I can't wait for the online play. :lol:

Though Online Play isn't too far from now ;o

When you say '07, I figure that's close.

Because next month is December '06, then January '07.

Have hope yet, it's not too far away!

As to the questions, they've already been answered accurately (you smart/fast cookies, you.)

Trulen said:
Though Online Play isn't too far from now ;o

When you say '07, I figure that's close.

Because next month is December '06, then January '07.

Have hope yet, it's not too far away!

As to the questions, they've already been answered accurately (you smart/fast cookies, you.)
xP Yeah, the only thing so far that I really can't wait for is SSBB online. Sounds really fun. ^^

Kumoriken said:
xP Yeah, the only thing so far that I really can't wait for is SSBB online. Sounds really fun. ^^
Hell yeah!
I also heard that they're making a SSX for Wii... not a new one just an old one for Wii. Online and just general gameplay should be great for that!

Homesrfan said:
Will Wii online be free? o_O I doubt it but maybe.

Wii online WILL be free, it will be free to search the net using the Opera browser (free to download til June/July? next year after which you will have to pay ~$20 for it and standard net rates i.e. you paying for your internet connection as you would if you wanted to go on the net on your PC)

WiiConnect24 will be free as well for updates, game demos etc. the Virtual Console will charge you to download retro games. That's it though, the game's will be free to play online to, after all you don't pay fees to play Mario Kart DS online do you or Metroid Hunters.

Can't be bothered to find sources etc other people can back me up if you need anything else.

can someone please help im a bit confussed do u have to have a pc to connect the wii online my pc is acting up so i will maybe get a new 1 maybe christmas time i have broadband and am getting a wirless router so could i connect them to the wii without my pc
thankyou

samba7d said:
can someone please help im a bit confussed do u have to have a pc to connect the wii online my pc is acting up so i will maybe get a new 1 maybe christmas time i have broadband and am getting a wirless router so could i connect them to the wii without my pc
thankyou

Nope you don't need a pc to connect to the net, all you need is your wireless router up and running and once it is you can just connect straight to it with the Wii, no PC needed. (Works the same as a wireless laptop if that's a helpful analogy)

help

wat if u dont have wireless internet and a slow internet? im kinda confused cause i want virtual games

Back