Confused idiot here.

Tbone129

Brawl fanatic
Feb 13, 2008
USA
I'm confused here, I have DSL on my computer and saw a USB connecter on the Wii and wanted to know if I could link them up and have internet instantly. Please help and tell me how I get Wii online and tell how it works and costs. Thank you

you'll want to use a wireless router that plugs into your DSL.

PC plugs into back of router
Wii has wifi built in and can connect to router wirelessly. :)

Idjut is correct, but isnt there a Wi-Fi Adaptor you can buy so that you can just hook that to your wii and run an ethernet cable into your computer? Sorry if im wrong, im not sure how they work :p

:lol: it's not a wifi adapter... it's called a lan adapter... yes, you plug it in to the back of the wii then to the back of the router... nothing to configure

however, stay away from the usb wifi adapter... for just a little more money you get an awesome wireless router.

Wii wi-fi is free. Which is why I have it (I'm not cheap, my parents just never let me get xbl since it costs money)

idjut said:
:lol: it's not a wifi adapter... it's called a lan adapter... yes, you plug it in to the back of the wii then to the back of the router... nothing to configure

however, stay away from the usb wifi adapter... for just a little more money you get an awesome wireless router.

Oh w/e...lmao.

Alright thank you for your help and I have a wireless router working. I know this is pretty late but who cares:lol:

Back