confused lil bro?!?!

$?wii?$

WiiChat Member
Oct 24, 2006
wasup people

i just joined recently and have been reading alot of interesting things about the wi on this forum

problem is i still am not sure if i want a wii?!?! basically i want to convince my lil bro to buy the wii!! he has a gamecube and likes it!!

but he is not convinced that the wii will actually survive in the gaming market

if someone could answer these questions then i will tell him and try and convince him!

so my fellow wii fans i leave it in your hands to convince my lil bro to purchase a nintendo wii!!

1} firstly he complains of your arm getting too tired playing games like warioware, wii sports etc. sometimes you can be in an energetic mood and then sumtimes you just want to sit on the couch playing and eating nachos!! so what answer can i give him?

2} he is a need for speed fan and was so close to buying the wii until he found out the controls for the game! tilting the controller to turn and stuff! he says thats kids stuf, wierd coz hes only 12 but hey... :confused:

3} we have a hd ready tv downstairs in the living room but a tiny ass tv upstairs in his room so can the wii do alright on a small tv? and the bed is right nxt to the tv so do you need alot of space to play?

4} he is a mad footy fan and loves fifa and pro evo but he wouldnt trust the wii because the controll would be wierd he says...

so those are the questions for now! phew...

if anyone could help it is well appreciated and thanks for your time! oh yeah...

peace and chicken grease!

$?wii?$ said:
wasup people

i just joined recently and have been reading alot of interesting things about the wi on this forum

problem is i still am not sure if i want a wii?!?! basically i want to convince my lil bro to buy the wii!! he has a gamecube and likes it!!

if someone could answer these questions then i will tell him and try and convince him!

so my fellow wii fans i leave it in your hands to convince my lil bro to purchase a nintendo wii!!

1} firstly he complains of your arm getting too tired playing games like warioware, wii sports etc. sometimes you can be in an energetic mood and then sumtimes you just want to sit on the couch playing and eating nachos!! so what answer can i give him?

2} he is a need for speed fan and was so close to buying the wii until he found out the controls for the game! tilting the controller to turn and stuff! he says thats kids stuf, wierd coz hes only 12 but hey... :confused:

3} we have a hd ready tv downstairs in the living room but a tiny ass tv upstairs in his room so can the wii do alright on a small tv? and the bed is right nxt to the tv so do you need alot of space to play?

4} he is a mad footy fan and loves fifa and pro evo but he wouldnt trust the wii because the controll would be wierd he says...

if anyone could help it is well appreciated and thanks for your time! oh yeah...

1. u dont have to make crazy wide movements, most of the videos/trailers are exagerated. u can flick ur wrist if u preffer.

2. err... thats his opinion, but ps3 will also use tilting in racing games.

3. TV size doesnt matter.

4. some games allow u to use the gamecube controller and might just use the wii flat on its side without anything too special.

:D

The remote is apparently really sensitive..i.e....u can either take huge swings with it or u can lax out on the couch and just flick ur wrist.....as for weather he will want one or not,,,if your willing to wait then wait for them to be hireable at your local video store and take one for a test drive....that will be the best option if ur not sure about it. this way your not wasting your money if you dont like it.

thanx MetroidZ for yo help! he saw a video on youtube and people were playing wii at a promo thing and they were sweating and swinging there hands like there aint no tommorow!!

using the gamecube controller on some games!! wierd what is the wii fladh ?

yo disturbed69 can you really hire consoles?? were from i live in uk!!

$?wii?$ said:
thanx MetroidZ for yo help! he saw a video on youtube and people were playing wii at a promo thing and they were sweating and swinging there hands like there aint no tommorow!!

using the gamecube controller on some games!! wierd what is the wii fladh ?

yo disturbed69 can you really hire consoles?? were from i live in uk!!
maybe they were just hardcore gamers lol. but seriously, u dont have to do gigantic movements, u can if u want tho.

fladh = flat (i fixed it now)

MetroidZ said:
maybe they were just hardcore gamers lol. but seriously, u dont have to do gigantic movements, u can if u want tho.

fladh = flat (i fixed it now)

ooh i gotcha bout the flat thing ;)

anyway my bro is a lazy twat man but i wanna totally convince him to get it!!

thanks for all yo help peopl and if twathead {my lil bro} has any more questions ill post an update! oh yeah dont forget

peace and chicken grease.

Well, the Wii can play Gamecube games, so he dosen't need to sacrafice his games.
Yes, that is the most sterotyped thing about the Wii, that you have to do huge movements, most people don't know it isn't true.
If he wants to play while eating nachos then let his just put in a Gamecube game and play it like that.
Oh, and there is a pause button by the way, haha.

Sovieto said:
Well, the Wii can play Gamecube games, so he dosen't need to sacrafice his games.
Yes, that is the most sterotyped thing about the Wii, that you have to do huge movements, most people don't know it isn't true.
If he wants to play while eating nachos then let his just put in a Gamecube game and play it like that.
Oh, and there is a pause button by the way, haha.

lol! good point about the point button...

$?wii?$ said:
wasup people

1) Umm you don't get tired unless your a fat lazy bum.

2)Your brother is a kid and tell him he is. Hes dumb. And by the way, tell him he wont regret it if you get need for speed.

3)You need probably around arms length around you area. And tere is supposed to be a HD cable for the wii coming :|

4)Don't worry you can still play your normal Games for GCN, so you dont have to worry just play fifa on GCN, if he doesn't like it. By the way i think that Madden was supposed to be one of the great games coming for the wii. Its pretty similar to Fifa[i think] So You probably won't be using motion sensing very often

well im from new zealand and most of our video stores hire out consoles...i assume most places overseas do too

GreyKirby said:
1) Umm you don't get tired unless your a fat lazy bum.

2)Your brother is a kid and tell him he is. Hes dumb. And by the way, tell him he wont regret it if you get need for speed.

3)You need probably around arms length around you area. And tere is supposed to be a HD cable for the wii coming :|

4)Don't worry you can still play your normal Games for GCN, so you dont have to worry just play fifa on GCN, if he doesn't like it. By the way i think that Madden was supposed to be one of the great games coming for the wii. Its pretty similar to Fifa[i think] So You probably won't be using motion sensing very often

so for your first point your saying that only skinny people are going to buy the wii?

$?wii?$ said:
so for your first point your saying that only skinny people are going to buy the wii?

No, he was just a little rude, haha. By the way Madden and Fifa are different! Fifa is "futball" and Madden is "American Fut/Football"

$?wii?$ said:
nono, Its not necessarly If your skinny, skinny people can be lazy and unhealthy, Trust me you will get used to it. And your hands too. And then you will feel your HEALTHY NESS!!! come back XD , Fat Lazy bums.. Well they can try too but they won't be losing any pounds just from swinging your arm. Just a bit of excersice :)

$?wii?$ said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but, you need to be a fairly medium distance away from the sensor bar, otherwise you'll have problems with the controller. There have been a few videos about it, where someone has been standing too close, and the sensor bar has been unable to pick up the movements correctly.

Sovieto said:
No, he was just a little rude, haha. By the way Madden and Fifa are different! Fifa is "futball" and Madden is "American Fut/Football"

yeah i know! i dont like american football/ rugby! i like footbal/ soccer!!! and so does my bro

thanxs to everyones help so far...

and yeah i have heard that you need to be a bit back from the sensor back but does anyone know how back??

Back