Connect 24 question

Yeah actually you should leave it on encase of Updates..and it's only normal to become Warm

It's called WiiConnect24 for a reason: to be connected 24 hours a day.

Its fine to leave it on. Ninty have designed a good machine and the components are made to withstand heat anyways. The only time you have heat troubles with any device is when there is a malfuntion or blocked airflow etc and its cooling system not working. Other then that, its totally normal for it to be warm:smilewinkgrin:

mmm, my Wii is warm.... um, yeah. It's ok for your Wii to be warm. It was designed to be on 24/7, 365, 366 on leap years ;)

Furballer said:
mmm, my Wii is warm.... um, yeah. It's ok for your Wii to be warm. It was designed to be on 24/7, 365, 366 on leap years ;)

rofl, ZOMG they forgot about leap years! Everyones wii's will overheat and blow up in a large fireball of doom in 2008:mad5:

Just kidding:smilewinkgrin:

brendo said:
rofl, ZOMG they forgot about leap years! Everyones wii's will overheat and blow up in a large fireball of doom in 2008:mad5:

Just kidding:smilewinkgrin:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo MY WIIIII!!! WHY GOD, WHY??? i think i'm gonna go cry... /cry

Yeah, it is normal for the machine to be warm when it is on standby mode. I usually turn my Wii off during the night to allow it to cool and then leave it on standby in the morning.

I dont think its the warming of your wii you need to worry about. Its all that electricity you're wasting leaving your wii on 'yellow standby' 24hours a day 7 days a week.

wii
- In Standby Mode: 10w
- Idle @ Wii menu: 17w
- Running a Wii Game in 480i: 17w

ps3
standby: ~150-170W
Playing video: ~180W
Playing Games: ~180-200W

37" Sharp Aquos LCD TV:
- In Standby Mode: 40w
- Turned on: 180w

'Nuff said:smilewinkgrin:

Byuakuya said:
Yeah, it is normal for the machine to be warm when it is on standby mode. I usually turn my Wii off during the night to allow it to cool and then leave it on standby in the morning.

A constant cycle of warming and cooling, along with the expansion and contraction that go along with it, could be causing more stress to the internal components than remaining in a warm state at all times.

My stand has a fan build in but I don't use it and my Wii dosn't get that warm. If it does break then call Nintendo cause they should replace it

brendo said:
wii
- In Standby Mode: 10w
- Idle @ Wii menu: 17w
- Running a Wii Game in 480i: 17w

ps3
standby: ~150-170W
Playing video: ~180W
Playing Games: ~180-200W

37" Sharp Aquos LCD TV:
- In Standby Mode: 40w
- Turned on: 180w

'Nuff said:smilewinkgrin:
Lol, now that's simple enough that even I can follow it!

Back