connect the wii to my hdtv ready monitor

disaster99

WiiChat Member
Jul 29, 2007
i have a 19" samsung computer monitor that is hdtv ready and uses dviconnectors. Is it logical to buy the hdtv component wire, get a switch to switch from component to dvi and use my monitor?

if not, what would you suggest?

well my tv only has mono speakers =( if i connect my wii to the computer and use the speakers on my computer that would be great

how about the usb gamebridge? anyone tried it?

Component to DVI would be very expensive since you would have to get a converter box to convert it from analog to digital. It would probably cost you more than the Wii. :sick: That and there is no reason to hook it to the monitor since the Wii isn't HD. Just put it on your TV.

hey

I'm not sure if that adaptor would work? wouldn't the signal need to be converted from analog to digital or something for your monitor? unless your monitor supports an analog signal or whatever?

Maybe you should email those folks asking if it would be useful for your purpose?

Hmm, if you have an LCD monitor then I think the best option for optimal quality is to use some sorta VGA transcoder/box that upscales to your monitors native resolution. I'd look for one that accepts component input (that supports 480p input), but you might need one that supports composite or s-video to beable to display gamecube games, or whatever games that don't support progressive scan.

I'm quite sure there are a number of these around, but I think you should be careful and look into things, as I think some arn't of very good quality.

Anyhows I haven't ever done anything like this, so I dunno anything much for sure :\.

edit
Maybe something like the VDigi VD-Z3? as seen HERE. Hmm, I think you should look/ask around. I think if you do a search on this forum you will find quite a bit about such things.

cyas

Last edited:
Back