Connect WII and PC to my 5.1 speakers at same time

coolioo

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Hello guys.
Here is my setup:
I have a laptop with external audio card (audigy 2 nx), 5.1 speakers (logitech z-540) and a nintendo wii.
I want a way to connect the wii and pc audio to my speakers. I don't want to use them at the same time, i just want to be able to switch either to pc audio or wii. this way i won't need to plug in/out my speakers every time I'm using the pc or the wii console.
I was thinking that an audio switch/hub could do the job. Can you recommend a device that can do this (cables also) ?
Thanks guys :cornut:

Thanks, but i need an audio splitter for 5.1 cables (front, left, right)

coolioo said:
Thanks, but i need an audio splitter for 5.1 cables (front, left, right)

So then Buy a reciever... might set you back like 300 bucks but well worth it.. most now come with 7.1 dolby surround sound capabilitys, fifo connects, coax (for your digital signals, remember that digital OUT on your sound card function? the tip of the RCA connector its the data line [1's and 0's, and the circle part is the jacket]) multipul video inputs and some have out puts to a pre-amp of some sort.. depens on how elaborate and how nice of a sound qual you want..

Ok my setup if you wanted an idea for something....

I have a Kenwood Reciever, in video 1 i have my Tivo, video 2 is Wii, video 3 is playstation, and fifo in dvd player, and coax video 2 is digital signal from my computer. (yes video 2 is shared... but thats ok i have to enable my digital out on my sound card for it to override the Wii sound).

now the Beauity of a reciver is that you can have all these multipule inputs of sound AND video, and one single OUTPUT to your tv...

So you have this nice elaborate nice quality video/audio switcher...

and yes i play in Prologic 2 its beautiful...

DeFlanko said:
if you want me to take a picture of it to visual see whats going on let me know...
Thanks for your info but i asked a friend and found a simple and cheap solution based on a audio splitter. :thumbsup:

Back