connect Wii to a NAS?

duffy

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2010
Hi All

I hope someone can help me out here!

My son has a Wii which he plays games on and we use to watch BBC iPlayer (UK TV on demand type of thing)

The Wii connects to our router via a WEP code and everything works pretty well - except for the dropouts due to low bandwidth :eek:(

Thing is, I am about to buy aSeagate FreeAgent GoFlex home NAS - network accessible storage a hard drive that sits on the back of our router.

Seagate say that for a games console to hook up to the NAS, the games console has to support one of the following

UPnP-AV = universal plug and play audio visual
or
DLNA = digital living network alliance
or
Windows Media Connect

Of course it goes without saying that y son cannot find the instruction manual that came with the Wii and the spotty 15 year old at our local game store can give a blow by blow account of every game available for the Wii but has no idea of anything to do with connecting to a NAS :eek:(

Anyone here able to tell me if the Wii supports the above? I really don't want to have to shell out 150 quid to find it won't connect!

regards

Duffy

Well I'm not 100% sure but I know you can go online grab the support number for Nintendo Wii call and ask. I'm positive they will know because it is their job...Though if they don't I'm also sure you can find an Online Manuel for the Wii.

Hope that helps.

Back