Connect with wanaddo / orange via linksys

danped

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get online with a lynksis router as provided by wanadoo before they became orange?

Basically when I go through the set up on the wii to connect I can detect my router, enter my WEP key but the connection test always fails. I can't find my exact router make to match to nintendos list (http://www.nintendowifi.co.uk/customersupport/supportedRouters.do) but it looks like linksys isn't the most compatible product, but having detected it surely I should be able to connect.

PS I am 100% certain I am inputting my WEP key (26 digit hex) correctly.

Thanks for any replies / help.

Use WEP.

Use 10 digits, in Key 1, DO NOT generate a passphrase. Numbers only. Set mode to mixed b & g, Channel 1 or 11.

Set up like this and give it a whirl. There's no reason why any wireless router won't work, if you can get a laptop online wirelessly then you can get it working with you Wii.......

Hi,
Thanks for thwe reply, Im at work now but will try it tonight.

Do these intructions refer to setting up my livebox or the wii?

Use 10 digits, in Key 1, DO NOT generate a passphrase. Numbers only. Set mode to mixed b & g, Channel 1 or 11.

Hi I got it to work!

I had a look in my settings of my livebox to see where to apply your instructions and stumbled across security. I changed the setting from WPA or WEP security to WEP security and then my WEP key worked in the Wii.

Thanks.

Back