Connecting PC to Wii

CAT_SPEW

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2008
I've only just got a Wii and one of my mates said he thinks I can use the Wii remote the same as I would use the mouse on my PC to surf the net/use windows etc. except doing it on my TV.
I had a search around but can't find much info on what I need to do to hook it up?

Can anyone link me to a guide if their is one? Or explain what I do?

Cheers, Matt.

You could start by looking at darwiin remote .. .. ..

I don't know how to do what you want to, but I know it can be done.

Hey mate I just had a search but I'm not sure if the darwin remote is what I'm after?
The way my friend was talking about it, it was as if I was just using windows on my TV with the Wii remote being my mouse if that makes sense?

Opera for the Wii is 500 wii points (in the UK). It's found in the wii software section of the wii shop.

I just re-read your original post (misread it the first time around) and you can use the opera browser to surf the net on your TV but it is not as functional as using other browsers - there are issues with the version of the flash player used, you can't open multiple tabs, you can't copy and paste. For simple browsing it's ok though.

u can use your Wii to surf d net, but its not recommended if u already have an existing internet connection/browser via your pc. using the internet on the Wii is only for a limited few, like someone who can't get internet via a pc. or for someone who doesnt really need it but can say "hey, i got internet on my Wii...cool".

LOL, thats me joeyboy!
I got it free though becuase it was free for a certain amount of time!
I use it on my tv to show my parents funny videos off the net cus they NEVER want to come to the pc!

From what i understand all you're trying to do is get the internet on the Wii, all you need is a wireless router, some Wii points and you're done!

Everyone can help you out later on securing your internet and soo on!

Thanks for the help guys, I had a bit more of a look and found the internet browser I've got to download and seen that it was free but now costs about $5-$10.
Also found that Orb so I can watch my vids on my PC on the TV once it's all working.
I've got the wireless connected from the Wii to my router and thats all working fine.

One other thing, this might sound a bit stupid but with the "Mii Codes" like the ones that people have made looking like celebraties. What are the Mii Cods actually for? Am I able to type them into the Wii somehow and recreate them on my console?

Back