Connecting to speakers?

EnjiBenji

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2008
Hi,

Just wondering how I can connect my Wii up with Creative speakers (5.1).

I've been told I need a 3.5mm connector, but I've been shown about 4 different types. Can anyone tell me what type of cable I would need?

I've been told I would need these following types:

2417-5050.jpg

21uswx0eHJL._AA280_.jpg

21201.jpg

no91.jpg

and the list goes on..

Will I need that cable only?

Or will I have to use another with it?

Dang... what to do? My 5.1 uses the first pic and it works true 5.1.

Is the difference if the speakers are made for PC?

just look at it this way it makes no diff because if u only have one wire u will only use the one port (black colour one) the others are for surround sound, so just to be safe buy the one from the second pic.

~X

My speakers I will be getting

32406530.jpg

Will work with

2417-5050.jpg
?

Just have to verify.. I'm just about to buy the cable now. Was hard to find a cable like this, I only found it on 1 site in the UK. It's going to end up costing £6 (12$) just for their delivery charge.

saw it now.

didn't see it before while i was posting.

just look at it this way it makes no diff because if u only have one wire u will only use the one port (black colour one) the others are for surround sound, so just to be safe buy the one from the second pic.

So from the 2nd picture, I would plug in my 3 wires from my 5.1 speakers, put the Wii cables (red and white) into that adapter also, and finally connect the yellow cable from my wii up to my TV?

EnjiBenji said:
saw it now.

didn't see it before while i was posting.

So from the 2nd picture, I would plug in my 3 wires from my 5.1 speakers, put the Wii cables (red and white) into that adapter also, and finally connect the yellow cable from my wii up to my TV?

yes thats how u would do it.

~X

Uhh, it all depends on the speakers. I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to speakers and I did it on my Wii for a while. If the speakers have a 3.5mm Auxiliary input then you need the 3rd one. But be sure you do not get the headphone jack mixed up with the Auxiliary input.

Do you already own the speakers? If you do take some pictures of the back and the cables. Every speaker is different.

thanks for the help.

been looking for about 40 minutes now for that adapter to buy in the UK, but can't find it at all.

can find it extremely easy within US shops though.. :(

Back