Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Connecting to Wii Shop

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by iamalexchung, Dec 21, 2006.

1. iamalexchung

iamalexchung WiiChat Member

I am having trouble connecting to the Wii Shop, I have been waiting for it to load for about 45 minutes now. Has anyone encountered the same type of problem? If so, let me know. It has been saying "Connecting Please Wait" for the longest time. Should I restart my Wii, does it usually take this long, I was thinking it would because it might be loading the list of items for the shop.

2. komio

komio Komio-Wii

Wii Friend Code: 5990-7343-4893-9015
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    for some reason when i went to it today it took FOREVER, and then finally didnt load with some error, i turned it of by going back to the wii home menu and pushed hte power button and tried again and still took long but it loaded after like 3 mins

3. Spiraea

Spiraea WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6190-8629-4704-5295
    6190-8629-4704-5295
    I am also having trouble with it. I just got the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector yesterday and have since received all the fireware updates and have no problem with the Weather Channel. But if I try to connect to Wii Shop, my connection shows very little, and I mean VERY little activity sending and recieving yet I have full signal strength. I searched the net some and found "Wiierror.com" and they had this to say about it.

I should mention by now that for some reason, the software that came with the USB Connector stopped connecting to my Wii thus I had to find optional ways to get the signal out. Via google I found this site and program:
    HTML:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312
    Works beautifully but still no Wii Shop. With that program however, I can change the now "router" to be configured for 802.11g and 802.11b (but not a mixed mode as far as I can tell) when I couldn't do that with the normal program. Still, both modes give me very little activity when trying to connect to Wii Shop and I've read that changing the channel on the router from 6 to 1 or 11 helps also but it was already 1 by default and 11 doesn't do much either.

I hope someone finds a solution to this. Isn't the Opera Beta going to be released tommorrow? I really want to try that out ASAP!

#3 Spiraea, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  4. #1Wiitard

#1Wiitard Wii Owner Since Nov 19!

I'm getting the same thing. Forecast Channel works good and is really cool. For some reason though, the WiiShop won't load. I've tried resetting the system and it wont do anything just keeps saying it is Connecting...Please Wait.

5. Spiraea

Spiraea WiiChat Member

6190-8629-4704-5295
    If you can, check the activity of your connection to the Wii when trying to connect to the Wii Shop and see if it's sending and recieving any Packets or bytes. I've realized what mine is doing. It's constantly losing the connection and reopening it only for a minute or so to lose it again. I've thought about leaving it up for awhile to see if it'll eventually load everything...but I think it's completely starting from scratch every time so that wouldn't do be any favors.

6. Graxer

Graxer WiiChat Member

I'm having this problem too! Its driving me crazy!

7. Maleko

Maleko WiiChat Member

Happened to me also, after about 10 tries it went through. To me it just looks like Nintendo's server is getting hammered

8. RichardC01

RichardC01 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1066-4321-0519-7062
    1066-4321-0519-7062
    I had trouble connecting last week after the first VC update, I reckon the servers are just getting full, hopefully all should be well tomorrow like last time.

9. Spiraea

Spiraea WiiChat Member

6190-8629-4704-5295
    Well I left mine on the "Connecting..please wait" screen for TEN hours last night lol and got nothing.

Also, I fooled around with all the channels on the router (from 1 to 11)...trying them all to see if I could get different results and I actually got the best long-lasting activity on 6. Still didn't stick long enough to connect but kinda strange...

#9 Spiraea, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006