Connecting Wii To Internet Question

robinsky

WiiChat Member
Apr 2, 2007
Hello. I am a newbie to Wii and anyone who can help me with this query (which has probably been discussed a lot) I shall be extremely grateful for.

I want to connect my Wii to the Internet and so far I am finding that help is few and far between. A lot of what I have read states you need Windows XP on your computer. I don't have Windows XP. I have Windows ME. I have broadband connection with a BT Voyager 105 modem. My question is, is it possible for me to connect to the internet with my Wii without Windows XP and with the BT Voyager 105 modem? If so, how do I do it as I am seriously confused.

Your help is appreciated.

Robin

Windows XP? this is the first ive head about that...im 99% sure you dont need windows XP to connect your wii to the internet...infact you dont even need a computer...i think.

Forgive me because I accidentally posted the same message twice but from what I read it stated you needed Windows XP to achieve the WiFi or something. As I said, I'm not incredibly adept at this and all I want to do is connect my Wii to the internet and so far I have found 3 ways but I think the wireless is the way to go, though. Its just a question of how to do it though one has been recommended so I might go into a computer store and give them the low down on what I need and how I need to do it for my Wii system. Thanks for your help, anyway.
Take Care
Robin

im gettin the internet on wednesday, but i havent heard a word about Windows XP...im sure you wont need it. Maybe you could provide a link?

And welcome the the forums.

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly. I'd like to know how to connect to the net without a computer. When I search for an access point, all I get is the

'Livebox-B538' (which comes with the closed port icon)

One time I got an acesss point with 'dell' on it so sometimes it comes up with one and other times it comes up with two access points.

Strange. Still, I need a wireless router which will work with my BT Voyager 105 modem.

If you could offer any insight because I read about the wifi usb nintendo adapter but that does only work with XP unfortunately. I can't exactly remember where I read about the wii being only compatible with xp for some things but I just came across it with some other internet literature.

All I want to know is how to set it up for use on the net.

Cheers

Rob

looks like the wireless router is the way to go on this -- when I get some free time as I am back at work now, I shall investigate. Thanks for your help.

Rob

Further to the above, I've just done some investigating and discovered that the modem I have at present does not support wireless so I am going to go through BT with my father's help and try and get a proper modem for the task at hand. Its a shame my computer doesn't have Windows XP because then I could use the net with my wii without any fuss whatsoever. Anyhow, thank you all for your help.
Rob

Back